What do you think of Satanism? Would you date someone who believes in Satanism?

• I would not date said person
  • I would give it a shot but I'd be apprehensive
  • I would love to

Most Helpful Guy

• Satanism is not a cat killing, blood drinking, pentagram worshipping weirdo thing.

It's an alternative, paganistic sense of faith, mainly born as a reply to christian church.

A satanist can be a nice, decent person.

It's just, satanism is a practise that suggests people to beat the fuck up a person who disrespects them, for example.

If you date a satanist woman, sexism would not be a good idea.

Most Helpful Girl

• LaVeyan satanism hell yeah. I love Anton LaVey, his teachings are not evil in the slightest to anyone who's actually educated on them.

What Guys Said 11

• I would definitely, very poorly named religion though as it turns people off immediately, at least LaVeyan Satanism. Not sure if anyone here actually knows anything about Satanism beyond the Satan part. It is basically an atheistic Ideology given the Satan label to tick off Christians. Some Satanists may very well be evil, but in the case of LaVey it's a very well thought out and intelligent way of life.

I believe so too.

Not quite sure I agree with LaVey on everything but a lot of it is good stuff

• i have read this satanic bible and its pretty ok i guess. they regard sins as virtues lol maybe it could be a fun relationship?

• Well do you mean the "I kill peoples cats and drink their blood" or the "My parents are christian but all my friends are emos and I want to get attention because I'm suffering on the inside" type?

Neither. Read up.

• Neither would I date an actual satanist (aka praying to the devil) nor a LaVeyan-based Neo-Satanist (because it preaches egoism).

• Its evil and not a chance I would date one of those

• I agree with @FakeName123. A theist satanist is just plain evil, and though I don't believe in religion, I wouldn't want to be around someone who would sacrifice animals or even people and crap like that.

An atheist satanist is going to be one hell of a selfish person, and that's not my idea of a life partner.

• ALL religions are stupid. Who wants to risk having children with an idiot?

• I'm not into religions of ANY kind

• do you realize that they believe in Ibrahimic religions?
    they just choose the losing side on purpose

• A

What do I think of them? They're full of shit.

• depends what they do I mean I know nothing about it?

What Girls Said 11

• Satanism isn't a religion, per say. It doesn't recognize satan as a diety. Its mostly about taking responsibility for yourself.

• I wouldn't want to be involved with someone who belongs in a cult or is very egotistical. We never know who we fall in love with, but when someone has completely different beliefs than you it's very difficult to have a meaningful relationship. I'm an othodox christian with a degree in theology. I 'm open to discussion but not willing to compromise or change my beliefs so long term relationship would be almost impossible

• I'd be interested how it looks like and how their day is - dictated by that religion... But... date them... nah.

• Isn't it the act of idolizing ones self? I'm not so keen on dating a person outside of my religion (I'm only 17 so my views might change later on) but I can't really bring said boyfriend home and having my parents find out he practices Satanism bc the name itself is a turn off haha

• do you actually know what satanism is?

Do you?

while some satanist believe in Satan, some do believe that no God or Satan exist. What people nowadays believe about satanists is from horror movies. Usually satanists are atheists. They also do not support any kind of (sexual) violence. They do not sacrifice in rituals or anything like that... In this belief you are your own God. They worship themselves because you are the center of your own subjective universe.

• It's dumb.

I'm not religious, and I doubt Satanists actually believe in Satan. I think most of them are just trolling religious people. But it seems like way too much effort to me. Lame.

• No thank you.

• depends

• it is super cool and yes I would

• Most of them just want to seem cool