Is my dad racist?

My dad (white) told me to tell my sister not to bring her boyfriend (black) to my uncle's wedding but he didn't say nothing about my boyfriend (Mexican) and he even offered my boyfriend to try out his
"2k dollar suit"
Like wtf, my sister isn't good looking at all and she's never had a boyfriend before until now at age 24..
I would think that my dad would be more upset for a 9/10 white girl like me
dating a 8/10 Mexican boy. But no, he's happy with it.. Shouldn't my dad be happy that my sis finally found happiness? ?
He fricken calls me to tell me to convince my sis to go to the wedding alone to "look" more professional among our relatives.(unbelievable)
Im gunna go with the thought that he had a bit too much to drink that time..
Why is my dad accepting my boyfriend but not my sis boyfriend? ?
What is the difference? ?
How should i tell my sister?

3mo I need to add that my dad has met my sisrer's boyfriend and he is nice to him however he has never invited him or his fam over for a bbq or a party.. And my dad HAS invited my boyfriend's fam over for food..

Most Helpful Guy

• Dont know about racist, but reading that.. I think you just might be the shallowest person in your whole family.

Most Helpful Girl

• "my sister isn't good looking at all"
    That comment was completely unnecessary. Also, claiming that you're 9/10 makes you appear sort of shallow.
    As to why your dad did that, ask him. He probably has racist views towards black people but not towards mexicans.

Im brutally honest on GaG and i would like people to be the same..
      People actually rate me at 10/10 but i dont think there is such thing.
      Not showing off, just adding to my question..
      And yes i plan to confront my dad with this nonsense

What Guys Said 16

• Sounds like he' doesn't want the rest of the family to see that his kid is dating a black dude.
    People can be racist to a single ethnicity. Him liking your Latino boyfriend is irrelevant.
    Don't get involved in this, don't tell you sister unless she asks you.
    Your dad has a problem with who your sister is bringing to this uncles wedding? Let him talk her and try explaining to her why not. Let him simply un-invite the guy himself.
    Personally, i wouldn't bother going to the wedding anymore. If your uncle asks why just tell him. I doubt they'll ask.

My boyfriend doesn't look white at all.. he's light brown black hair

well most Latinos usually are. I don't know... still don't get involved.

• This race baiting is getting more complex :/

• Swap boyfriends for the day

• Hun... if you guys have been dating under two years at your age he is keeping family with family... he isn't racist.

• I'm a black dude. It may not be only race, maybe he just doesn't like your sister's boyfriend personality-wise. Has ur dad met ur sister's boyfriend?

Yes they have met before & he's nice to him

• Your troll is racist.

How am i trolling?
      If i sound mean arrogant or shallow i am just being brutally honest to better my question for some opinions

It sounds unreal to me. If you're serious I apologize

Im not trolling and this is really happening

• We don't know the situation. Maybe your uncle is racist and your dad doesn't want a fight.
    Maybe her boyfriend is a total thug, black or not.
    Maybe he has already hurt your sister and your dad no longer approves of their relationship.

• Maybe her boyfriend is a piece of shit and your dad was being respectful when he met him.
    Just saying.
    Race may have nothing to do with this.

• Sounds like it.

• No, His daughters are. And disgusting self-loathers.
    But this is most likely a fake female account of a latino or black guy.

Why would i waste my time like that

• Maybe he's not a raciat, maybe your sisters boyfriend is a loser.

That can't be the reason.. Her boyfriend looks like a nerd not a thug

Looks can be deceiving.

• sounds like a made up question

• He's racist.
    I agree with him. I would do almost the same thing. Except I wouldn't want her in my house after having that boyfriend either.

Lol.. wow you have issues...

@Imcmullan If you've had the kinds of life experiences I've had over and over with a particular race, you may feel the same way.

I've experienced a lot from people... try being an AFRO-LATINA... Blacks don't except me bc they hear my accent n i was born in belize n i speak more Spanish them English then latin people don't except me bc I'm a "morena" meaning dark skin... so when someone is racist such as yourself-its sickening to me. Not all of any race is bad. Everyone has flaws... but I'm not gonna deem all black Americans bad people bc of what has happened to me nor will i deem all latin people bad bc of how I've been treated by them aswell... don't be closed minded n ignorant. Your experiences may have been ill but i assure you not all of any race is bad

• Maybe he doesn't like the guy and he happens to be black

• Around blacks, never relax

• people can racist all they want.

What Girls Said 8

• Ok...😧 the fact that you used a rating system to describe yourself goes to show you that you are NOT*Maury voice* (haha) in fact a chick. Know woman refers to herself like that. Secondly say this were true... she's a grown fu*king woman... therefore your father's opinions of her and her boyfriend shouldn't even affect her life at this point. #VulcanSalute

• I dated a Mexican boy years ago and my dad surprisingly accepted him.. My dad would not accept blacks, Asians of even eastern men. And he has said it to me lol..
    I think that your dad is just embarrassed by your sis dating a black.
    If black men didn't have such a bad reputation it would be different.
    Another thing is mixed babies are a lot cuter with Hispanic or Asian.. anything that is not black.. I think pure black babies are better looking than mixed

• Oh gawd...

• How long have you and your boyfriend been together compared to your sister and her boyfriend?

Me since April. My sister since October of lat year. My dad IS nice to her boyfriend.
      I just feel like he may be embarrassed by my sis dating a black man. He's not even a thug or anything & my dad tries everything to hide him. My dad has brought my boyfriend's fam over for bbq and he has never done anything like that for my sis..
      But i feel like he just crossed the line now

Hm yes.. I would understand if this was a recently new relationship. Maybe. Your sister should just go against his wishes so he can see that it will bee OK. Some people just need a little push out of their comfort zone

• I doubt it's his race

• Is dis bullshit or is it just me?

• Why dont you get your sister a Latino boyfriend? ?
    They're a lot cuter than blacks

• I agree with your dad's decision. That guy is only dating your sister because she's white. Black dudes love any white girl they can get.

My sister is overweight and i honestly don't think anyone else would go for it..
      I like to date only whites but i fell in love with a Latino, it happens