He hasn't told his friends about me :( is he ashamed of me?

I've been seeing someone for about 3 and a half months now. We're sleeping together and see each other once or twice a week. I've met his family, and his two closest friends know we're dating. I've met them too. However, I asked him the other day if he's told many of his other friends about us dating and he said he hadn't, because he's quite private. What does this mean? Is he ashamed of me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he is afraid, they won't like you.
    Maybe he is afraid, you won't like them.
    Maybe he is afraid, they would take you away or you would take one of them instead of him. (I have had bad history on that where a girl I was dating tried to get one of my friends after she got to know them and he was much cooler and better looking then me.)

Most Helpful Girl

• He may not have told everyone , but he has told the closest people to him. The people who he cares about and who matter the most to him. So honestly I wouldn't be too concerned

Private people usually only disclose personal info to people they trust. So he's definitely not ashamed of you. It seems you are overthinking. Try to concentrate on who he has told , not who he hasn't old

What Guys Said 1

• What do you want him to do tell them about your sexy life

What Girls Said 2

• Yep. That's why he's only told those closest to him.

Catch a clue. He's already submitted you for approval to the only people who's opinions should matter to him, and he's still with you.

I'm probably being stupid, but do you mean yes as in he's feeling ashamed of me or yes, he's simply a private person in this scenario?

... it was sarcasm. The first part was a joke.

He's obviously serious about you. If he were ashamed he would not have introduced you to those people.

• I wouldn't worry. As long as his family and his closest friends know, why is it a big deal that unimportant friends know?