Is "Casual Dating" and "Friends with Benefits" the same thing? Or quite similar?

I'm currently single, and from my experience casual dating usually means you're seeing someone for proper dates but you can date other people until you become "exclusive." I believe a Friends with Benefits arrangement, is usually a bit more defined; emotions don't come into play and you simply enjoy the sex. I've had one friends with benefits scenario and it was great; I'd come out of a long term relationship and this guy filled a void; we enjoyed each others company and we had great sex. When I started dating again, we parted ways and we're still good friends. No attachments, no feelings. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not the same. Friends with benefits is lots of fucking. There needs to be no fucking before/after/during 'casual' [w/e this means, exactly] dates.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, casual dating doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to be friends with the person you're screwing. friends with benefits means that you have sex with someone while doing friendly activities with them as well such as: hanging out together, watching movies, talking about stuff etc.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• No casual dating is when there's a chance to move forward. friends with benefits is where nothing comes out of it

• You described the difference yourself pretty well.
    Sounds like you just don't wanna admit it in real life which tbh makes you sound like an idiot when asking this question.