What does he mean?

Easier to bullet point:

So we've been talking for about 9-months (over-text)

Planned to meet a few times, never happened (We live quite far from each other)

Started out normal, getting to know each other

Then got a bit distant

Then got close again, talking a lot, then we got very comfortable with each other

We'd text each other every morning, and every night

So after ages, i asked the question 'I like you, do you like me? How do you feel about us, is there an us?'
(Obviously that's the quick version)

he's come back with 'There could be an us, but there isn't yet'

To which I've asked 'Do you want there to be an us?'

His response: 'I don't know, Do i want, Yes, am i looking, No' <<**What the hell is that**

Then confused me a little, so I've said lets take some time to think about it and talk again.

His last response was somewhere along the lines of: 'Yes, I don't know what i want, if that makes sense'

What does he mean?

• He wants an 'US'
  • He doesn't want an 'US'
2mo How long should i wait until i just say Good Bye myself?

What Guys Said 1

• He doesn't want an 'US'

When i first put the question to him, he replied with: 'Yes we are really comfortable with each other, and i do like you too' so, that's why I'm more confused, if he didn't want anything, why didn't he just say 'No, i just want to be friends'.

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly, as harsh as this might sound, nip it in the bud now. He's messing around, saying he wants a relationship but he's not looking? Then why is he speaking to you so much.

This is just my opinion, obviously, but it sounds like you could do much better. It looks like one of those "I don't want to be official with you, but I don't want anyone else to be with official with you either" scenarios. I'm sure as hell that if you were to walk away now, he'd regret it in a couple of months time.

I kinda expected this!

I've left it at 'given him time to think', I'm giving him a week-ish and then i won't be waiting around for him. I actually really liked him, but he screwed it up, and it won't be the same now!

• Been there. Though we talked a lot (met through work and he lives ar away), never met until 3 months ago. Wd hit it off, unexpected. Never went all the way. We talk everyday, he def likes me (says he did) and we have seen each other 2x after that first time. Never went all the way.
    Other than that my situation is like yours, he doesn't want to make jp his mind. Is unclear. Mentioned before we ever met that he didn't want a girlfriend.

My friends think he seems to be either insecure because of the distance or seems to think i will be just here and wait for him as he makes up his mind. Meaning that he is most def interested but thinks i will be just here forever.

That's exactly what my sister thinks, that he is interested but doesn't want to make up his mind, and thinks I'll just wait forever.

When i first put the question to him, he replied with: 'Yes we are really comfortable with each other, and i do like you too' so, that's why I'm more confused, if he didn't want anything, why can't he just say 'No, i just want to be friends'.