"Men need to feel Loved. Women need to feel Wanted." TRUE/FALSE?

What do you think of the statement "Men need to feel Loved where as women need to feel Wanted."

What does it mean to you? Do you agree?

Most Helpful Girl

• false, I think both men and women need to feel like they are appreciated, acccepted and being led to believe that they both will be loved and not be disappointed.
    I think as a women... I wanted to feel like all my fears were taken away. I wanted to feel like I really could rely on him to lead me as well as me lead him in a way we both walked together to find love, truth, and what is right in life.
    What I learned as I walked this path of my life is that my husband is not going to lead, he will just get angry if things go wrong, he will just be mad at me if I hurt him, he will not tell me that I hurt him and for me to stop. He will instead lash at me, and 100000x worse than what I did, and I didn't even know I did bad to him... for example a guy hurt me and I told him. He continued to tell me about his ex for a year, and he blames me because I told him about a guy who hurt me. He talked about how much he loved his ex, and that they never argued and they dated for 3 years and they had sex 100000000000000x a day. Ofcourse this just made me more sad. what I was looking for in him was for him to take my fears away. For him to tell me that he would never treat me like that. that I don't have to worry about it. He took my virginity and I continued to stay with him but I have been suffering so much in this relationship. Learning so much that I understand him more and more and trying to help him to learn to become a better person. It has been really hard. He has no empathy skills, he is reactive instead of proactive and problem solving, he has no listening skills, he has no money management skills, he has no leadership skills, he has no friendship building skills, he has no skills to try to understand... all he has is anger, reacting in a very angry annoyed way and he knows how to provoke someone when they are down and sad and hurt. He tells me to shut the eff up and for me to be happy right that second or else he will continue to call me names and put me down. that's what he is good at only. He can't empathize with me and say that he understands that I am sad and that that would make him sad too or angry too if that happend to him. He can't relate at all. He has only fears and anger, that's why he took my virginity so quickly and asked me to marry him so quickly. He was afraid he would never be married, and be alone all his life. Anyways yah I just wanted to word bomb your question! hahahahahahahah!! have a great day!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont agree with first part
    Men do enjoy feeling loved, but mostly care about having a supportive girl

Women on the other hand just want to feel wanted and validated

What Girls Said 17

• I think both genders need to feel wanted and loved. If you're not loved then you don't feel wanted. If you're not wanted then you don't feel loved.

• It means nothing to me. Where did you get that from? I've got one, "men like tomato juice, women like apple juice." Same relevance

• I think both men and women crave desire and affection. Men seem to thrive on respect, and women seem to thrive on feeling like they are needed.

• Dumb.

Everyone wants to feel loved... feeling wanted is part of that.

• I want both and won't settle for less.

• No, Id say " men need to feel needed while women need to feel loved."

• I think both need to feel wanted. The love thing isn't a "need" really.
    I'm not sure.

• I need to feel respected and understood.

• Somewhat agree, men need to feel useful women need to feel sought after

• I want to feel loved and wanted

• Yeah sure

• I don't want to feel wanted. That sounds desesperate

• That is absolutely false. Men desire to be wanted too and women crave to be loved.

• Tell that to a guy whose crush loves him like a brother...

That's not love. That's a lack of specificity of language.

That's familial brevity.

forgive me familial camaraderie.

There's actually another word meaning brotherly love but I can't seem to find or think of it at this moment.

• False, I would say men need to feel more desired and women need to feel loved however that choses to be expressed.

• i think both genders need to feel loved and wanted

• I believe both genders want to feel loved and wanted. Why should there be a difference?

What Guys Said 8

• True, but it goes both ways I guess, albeit in different proportions

• women need money jewlery... and after like 9000 things to feel wanted its better to live in a castle than a small house
    men need to feel respected than loved

• It means men are more successful with women when showing with their actions (not words) they are attracted to them.

On the other hand women are more successful by showing kindness.

If that were true we wouldn't have so many girls here asking "why did he do this?" and "he did this, does that mean he likes me?" We're not mind readers.

And women would have more success at getting their crushes if all it took was "kindness" to get a mans blood going.

• Any generalizing statement without evidence is stupid.

• I've heard the reverse.

• I kind agree. But I think both of them want to be loved, desired, wanted and have that be genuine. But tbh also I think sadly women tend to perversely treat great guys who provide them with this too innocently and not give a sign. So that guy will have her being innocent and less affectionate/not so sexual whereas the other guy who may be less attractive and certainly is less caring, gets her posing like a model, less mind gamey with texts and so on.

I wrote two interesting takes on women and men and their loves and wants, would be great to hear your opinion on them?

• i think we both need love

• I'd definitely agree.