I'm 18, a college student, and have never dated, let alone kissed, a guy? Am I normal?

So I went to a co-ed high school and now go to a co-ed college and I've never done anything with a guy. Haven't even held hands. I'm 18 and I know I'm overweight and average looking. My aunts say I'm just super shy so that's why guys don't notice me, but my roomate is super shy and she has a boyfriend. Is something wrong with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I never held hands or kissed or anything until I was 20.

Perfectly normal nowadays.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing is wrong with you. You are complety normal. Dont believe the hype of teen drama shows and all the things ur friends go through. I just took a poll on gag and the results showed that most of the people who took it, myself included lost our virginity at 19. That doesn't even mean we had relationships or continued to have sex it just means thats when we first did it. Rest assured. My best friend is amazing and she's turning 23 in December. Never kissed, never had a relationship, never had sex. But her life is great she's studying medicine in the tropics. Its really just random timing, dont sweat it. It will happen for u

What Guys Said 5

• There's nothing wrong with you. Unfortunately at your age looks are very big deal for guys. I was no different when I was an 18 year old young man. It's just the way it is. If your over weight then your going to need to get serious about dropping some pounds if you wanna get the attention of some of these guys. I would say to do it more for yourself so you can look and feel good about yourself and not just for the sole purpose of getting male attention.

• Yes your normal. These days that is very normal for people to have never dated or kissed anyone at your age. I'm 23 and I still have not dated much because I very picky with my requirements.

• Well you still very young, also you are shy and overweight to it's add to the difficulty of finding someone, anyway I think that many guys would appreciate that part about you, so don't worry about that too much, many guys prefer pure girls. :)

tvtropes.org/.../NatureAdoresAVirgin

• Yes, you are normal lol.

• You can try special diets and maybe walking, spinning etc. for losing calories?

What Girls Said 2

• There's nothing wrong with that. I wish I would have waited until I was married to lose my virginity 😳

• Yes. A lot of people in school and college lie by the way.