Why is it so hard for me to envision myself dating someone?

It's so hard to see myself being out with a girl... laughing, being romantic, having fun, serious conversations... looking across the table into her beautiful eyes and her liking me for me.

I'm 26 years old now. It shouldn't even be like this. 😞

25

Most Helpful Girl

• Same here. I whine internally about not being with someone, but at the same time I can't see myself in that position at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're anything like me, you just don't have the capacity to feel that way. You shouldn't be sad about it. There's nothing you can do about it and it's not that important anyway.

• I mean, I want it. It's just hard to envision it actually happening. Why would a girl that I find interesting want to spend her time with me? I don't see it.

• I think you have cupioromantisism. It took me a long time to come to peaceful terms mine. You enjoy the concept of a romantic relationship, but don't actually enjoy it in practice. It pretty much kills your drive to date.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 4

• Its called poor self-esteem. You gotta work on that brother. Do you need some reading to fill your imagination?

• Nah but I started working out recently. Making some gains and cutting down.

• Just start asking random girls out. They pain of rejection goes away after a while, and at least one of them will say yes!

• No not really and I quite enjoy all of that.

• meto lol