Can you love someone you've never met before?

i went on tinder as a joke, it was fun to see different people around me that I don't know. I started talking to someone and we started to use snapchat and we have been for three months now. He's fun and quirky and my total opposite and I think I'm falling for him but can I really love someone without meeting them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not me. As @glitz_glamour eluded to, is that knowing a person IRL is different than online. Let's say you two click online. That's because you have time to think of responses to questions (I think... I don't have / use tinder). Also, there are little manurisms another person has IRL that you don't see online.

That's not even including the EF (energy field) component of it.

That's so true. Usually an online relationship is just someone passing through your life , most people don't intend to stay in it. I learned the hard way, but learned a great lesson from it

Most Helpful Girl

• I did, and we have been going stronger than any other relationships I have been in :) he's the one <3

What Guys Said 3

• It's a lot more common then people like to think lol.

• yes its possible if you've been talking to them for 3 months

• U like him or you love him.. its different
    Perhaps you should meet for you to figure it out

What Girls Said 14

• Yes it's possible, but I think in most cases you're in love with an illusion, because you build an image of what the person is like in real life, and how your life could be together. When you meet them in real life your illusion becomes shattered

I'd hold onto your heart , until you can hold him your arms, because until you met up you can never know for sure how genuine someone is.

• People often confuse liking for loving someone.
    You can't love someone without fully knowing them-

It means you LIKE him because you two get along well. But until you meet him will you know whether or not you feel the same way.

• Okay, so I did the same. I started liking this guy after talking to him for a couple weeks, and right now we're in a relationship. It's possible to really like them, I don't think you can love them. I really think you should go on a date with him, people online can behave differently in person. Since they're behind a screen they don't have to feel insecure. So I really do suggest going on a couple dates, because you want to be sure that you have the same chemistry you have online as well as in person. So give that a try, then you can determine your feelings for him. Good luck :)

• Imagine this.. this handsome, model-esque dude with the wit and charm of a movie star lights up your world on an app... and then you meet him and his voice sounds like Mickey Mouse. You mos def gotta connect IRL... plus, who else he chattin' up like that if you haven't even met him yet? ;)

• Tbh, I'd say it is very possible. Just figure out if that's what you're really feeling, that it's not just a crush

• I think that's possible

• no you can't lmao. how are you on tinder anyways? you have to be 18

They changed the age rule In July before you could be as young as 15

The us

The age is definitely 18.

• I definitely can.

• No you can't

• Yes. All I have to say is yes.

• Yes, I can say I am in a similar situation. (Care to be friends and answer my question?) I believe it is possible. It's a strong emotional connection, which is more important than a physical one, in my opinion.

• Is he a hoe doe?

• You can have a crush on him. But you can only love him if you know him better.

• You can't love someone that you've only been talking to online for 3 months. For all you know, he could be harboring some deep secret or a lie. After talking to someone I knew for 2 YEARS and sharing a lot, it turns out he's married. He says they don't have sex anymore, but can you expect me to believe that? No matter what we discuss from now on or how many times he says "I love you," it will never really be love.

It's hard to love someone you don't know in real life. You don't see what their life is like. You can't see who they live with, how dirty/clean they keep their house, what their hygiene is like, or any of that stuff. What if you met and decided you didn't like their scent, or maybe he's more violent/pessimistic than it seemed?