What is "The Spark"?

I have a few friends who often say "The spark" just was/ wasn't there. What does that even mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's an instant connection, an intense chemistry with someone, it's usually really intense, it can feel like a burning sensation in your chest (my own experience). However this spark never lasts and usually fizzles out as quickly as it develops and no good, long-term relationship comes from such an intense beginning.

Relationships where the spark develops over a course of time are much better from my experience.

What if you feel an instant connection but still take it slow?

@bloodmountain1990 That's the sensible thing to do.

Yeah. Always play it by ear.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think even friends can have a spark, though without sexual attraction in that case. It's when relating to each other is easy because you seem to be on the same wavelength. You enjoy their company without it seeming like effort.

On a sexual chemistry level, it's that feeling that you can't keep your hands off each other and it seems you have matching sexual interests. Again, it's like excitement happens without much effort.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't ever really feel a spark. It just means you're having to make a laborus effort to keep a relationship relevant and you don't enjoy doing so.

• "Spark" is the intangible, unexplainable feeling of attraction that people have for another person.

Most of the time it cannot be quantified or totally defined how to create it, it just happens, or 'clicks'. :-P

• It's kind of a magical, indescribable feeling of connection between two people.

• That thing that makes you super wet every time you so much as think about a dude...

• You will know when it is there.

• it's that feeling you get when you just meet someone you instantly connect with

• The spark is when you click/connect whether it's on an emotional/sexual level. Usually you get warm/fuzzy feelings aka the butterflies from that person.

It rarely happens to me early on, but I felt the spark with this girl I started seeing on the first month. The amount of things we have in common is insane on top of her being knockout beautiful is insane. Not putting her on a pedestal because she really is like that, not making her out to be perfect or something she isn't.

• Yesterday to show how much I love my teenage fiancee I didn't have sex with her because we are getting married and she being a good Christian girl wants to wait, so instead I spun her around lifted up her sundress pulled down her cotton panties and jerked off until I came all over her sweet little butt cheeks. She was a little bit shocked and suprised by what I did especially as my warm cum was dripping off her and having never seen a penis before or had done anything sexual ever but was very flattered at my level of attraction to her and knows how much i love her because of how im willing to wait. She can't wait for our wedding night when she will give herself to me.

What Girls Said 14

• If they had chemistry, they clicked, they felt a strong connection to each other, they had a giddy moment, they felt butterflies in their stomach, their honeymoon glasses went on their eyes and they could see the other person do no wrong, that is the SPARK

• Effortless ease of connection.

• Sexual chemistry, I know what she means. A person can find the right type of guy who has ALL of what she wants but yet they don't have that bond, that connection, the sexual chemistry, the butterflies, etc.

• Attraction/connection

• I would love to know too, I'm seeing a guy who says he doesn't feel it but we're so attracted to each other physically and have so much fun when we're together I'm confused as to what it could be if we're so great both in the sheets and outside...

• Like you feel so type of chemistry between you and the person. It's dumb but like you get really happy and you just get nervous around them.

• Instant sexual infatuation :)

• When you get a weird feeling in your stomach when you look at them and want to kiss them, its exciting.

• It's when you just KNOW there's a connection.

• For me its that instant BANG mutual attraction and automatic admiration

• Just nervousness, really. Only it's a happy type of nervous rather than a dreaded one.

• You not had on the person. Person doesn't turn you on

• Idek

• When you kiss someone and you can feel it tingle through your entire body.