Should I worry about the ex?

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 4 months and he told me right at the beginning about how he previously dated someone from work and how he is still friends with her. They dated for about an year and its been 8 months since they had broken up when he met me.
I initially did not have issues about this but now it makes me feel pretty insecure. They are still good friends and work together everyday which means that he still spends time with her everyday.
She knows about us and I have met her too, she is also in a relationship but they still seem to share a bond with each other and talk about things sometimes.
He does not text/call her anymore but they talk at work! I know that this is not always a bad thing but I really hate it when he goes out with his friends from work and she is there too. I do not want to be a controlling girlfriend or tell him to stop seeing her but I always have not been able to manage my insecurity about this. He also told me once about how finding out that she was dating someone else upset him.
What should I do in this situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's tough. I think you have to try to find a way to deal with the insecurity. Because it will make you seem like the insecure and clingy girlfriend if you attack him on this. I wonder if he would like it if you spent time with any of your ex's? I bet he would feel the same way your feeling. Relationships are built on trust. And you have to trust him fully in order for it to work. I would try not to let it bother me. It's not much you can do about it since he sees her everyday at work.

I know, I am really trying! He does say he is over her and they are just friends. But it also bothers me that they spend more time together than we do because they meet everyday. And you are right, nothing much I can do in this situation except wait for this feeling to pass and hoping that it does. Thanks for the response

Your very welcome. I hope the insecurity thing passes. It does suck he sees her everyday and I get your point. I just hope things work out for you.

Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• No, I don't think you should worry, especially if we take into account that nothing has given you the indication that they flirt.