Is it always better for a guy to ask a girl out during the first real interaction you have with her?

If they hardly know each other, only see each other around and say hi and bye. Is it better for the guy to ask her out during their first real interaction with one another?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yesss absolutely, it makes us feel good that a guy even wants to ask us out haha

How would you personally like to be asked out? What should the guy say and what should he not say?

Thanks. I hope so. She's really nice and she is a looker lol

Haha go for it! :)

What Girls Said 11

• We all have different ways of doing things, and let's not put it down to gender roles like most other people tend to do. Who ever has the crush should act first and its as simple as that.
    Some women like to be asked out straight away, others prefer you to wait a bit longer because they can find it quite daunting having a stranger approach them to ask them out.
    Preferably if a guy develops a crush on me and gets my attention, I at least expect him to be able to break the ice with me. I would feel that they were rushing into it if a guy asked me out as soon as he started flirting with me. I give them 1 or 2 months to do that and if they can't I'll stop giving them as much attention and start ignoring them because I just think they are wasting time. I don't take shy guys by the hand either. So if they are serious about me they will strike while the iron is hot, if we get on well after having some conversations. I would take it from there and ask him out on a date. Rather than gain my attention just to leave me on the back burner for years before he even decides that he wants to talk to me.

• no. in my opinion its only important that whoever is responding is graceful. regardless of the sex of the person asking.

for me it means more that the guy is gracious if i ask him out -whether he says yes or no- than him asking me out. guys often freak out or use it as an excuse not to give things a chance. so i feel a lot more confident in a guy who can accept i've asked him out. than a guy who just does what guys are told to do and asks me out.

of course it feels good to be asked out. but it feels MUCH BETTER to ask and get a yes :)

• I mean, typically, it is the guy asking the girl out. Even though society has progressed, many women still expect men to ask them out and are too shy to do so on their own, even if they are attracted or think there is a connection. As such, I'm saying it is more typical for the guy to ask a woman on a date. It's not necessarily better.

Thanks for your contribution.

That's not all true. We should learn to not to make it one sided and stop basing it on gender roles. Rather than placing the burden on one gender, it makes more sense for who ever has the crush to make the first move. You mentioned that the women are too shy to ask men out. Its not that when its the men who form crushes on women and can't act on it. I've had it before. They gain their attention with non verbal flirting but are incapable of even acting on it and breaking the ice never mind asking women out. So they just expect thrir crush to run to them and take them by the hand or they wait 2 years later to decide whither they want to talk to you or not.

@Shorty1991 I said typically that's how things go and that's what women still expect. I didn't say it was right. I also said it's not necessarily better going off his words.

• you could always ask her before a "real" interaction and then on the date you could actually get to know each other.
    or u could wait...
    its really up to u, both are safe...

Just ask her. See if she wants to do lunch or go get a drink... I don't know what ur into... buy just ask if she wants to do something...
      Or tell her u wanna take her out..

• Only if u interested in something more than hi and bye

What about before I leave saying something like "hey, fancy going out after work sometime?"?

Thats also nice.. But try to be a little bit formal to ensure you on the same. page.

• Yes.

And I only say yes, because this is almost the exact same situation that I am. We women, no matter how confident we seem, still rely on the guy to make the first move- especially in a situation like this. We are ridiculously terrified of rejection (I mean, who isn't) but moreso in the sense of going out on a masculine limb and being shot down for a misconception our heart has brought us to.

If you like us, please, make it known!!

So if he asked you out in the second interaction then it's bad?

@Shorty1991

sounds reasonable to me :-)

• Sooner the better unless you're good at leaving her interested ;) if you don't consider yourself smooth with women though then I would try to ask her out asap! Makes you look like you're in control more.

Gosh darn it. I'm one of those guys who is smooth but only once he knows and is comfortable with the girl.

That might be better anyway because it's recommended by relationship therapists that a better relationship starts with a friendship but you might risk the friend zone. It's very tricky! Just have to be bold at some point.

• yes , to see if there a connection

Yeah. Bad move?

grab coffee if u want to date her

• Med love bold women sometimes

• If the girl feels like he is into her, she shouldn't be afraid to ask him out.

• If she's attracted to you I don't think it'd make a difference.

What Guys Said 10

• Doesn't really matter o. j. my experience. Especially if you don't have any relationship. You definitely aren't friend zoned.

• There is no right or wrong time. If you are interested, ask her out. You both know each other. Go for it. I hope you get the answer you seek. If not, be friends.

• Usually not but do infer that you definitely want to see her and talk with her again soon at least.

• It's better as in you not being attached yet, but on the other hand she also hasn't been exposed yet to some of your qualities that she may really like so you could get rejected for not making a perfect first impression. Some girls will prefer being asked quickly, others hate it (unless you're a male model).

• Yes.

If you make her vag tingle, she'll jump at the chance.

If she doesn't, then you don't give her the tingles, and any further interaction is just you wasting your time.

I don't make vags tingle, I don't have that special touch. But I would still like to ask her out on a date.

• I say no, get her contact info on the very first interaction.

Then set up the date hours or days later. :-D

• Yes. But it doesn't have to be so formal. Planning a future meeting time is just that - don't make it complicated.

• No the girl can too.

• Yoor... I think is better you make your intentions known early. No need to beat around d bush Cuz females sometimes do predict our intentions... Though we guyz have different approach n strategy

• Yes.

The longer you wait the more awkward it is to ask, and the more awkward if she says no.