If your best friend is being a slut, would you tell her boyfriend?

I love my best friend, she is kind and funny but her behavior with guys is terrible.
She has been dating a guy for 3 months, he is very very nice but kind of dumb because he treats her like a queen, pay for everything that she wants, spoiled her and do whatever she wants.

But during this time she has been having sex with some guy that treats her like shit, disappears for weeks and then used her again. She thinks he is going to love her if she continues to have sex with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is disgusting.

I hope your friend has a good reason for her actions but you should be ashamed of her. Stringing someone (her boyfriend) along and playing with their feelings is disgusting because it can/will damage that person.

I think you need to intervene immediately! Tell your friend what she is doing is disgustingly gross and a violation of another human being's trust. Your friend clearly does not lover her current boyfriend and playing with his feelings is not right at all. She needs to break it off with that guy and apologize to him. Who knows where this other guy goes... why he is fucking her and leaving her and then who else he is fucking. If your friend is looking for raw sex then I am sure other guys would be willing for it as well in a committed relationship if she looks hard enough.

Also, her current situation is not healthy at all. She is not functioning like an adult and making rational hard (but much needed) choice in life. This can only lead to poor, unwanted and unhealthy outcomes for her in the future.

Ultimately, given how involved you are with her, her actions will affect you to and problems will get worse if she does not make mature choices in life. This is your opportunity to stop it... for everyone involved!

Most Helpful Girl

• I would tell him for the sake of his health. I wouldn't want anybody catching an STD for life when I could have prevented it. She may be my best friend, but that does not mean I have to agree with everything she does, or not stand up for what I believe in, or halt my morals and respect for other people. If the whole concept about having a best friend meant being as loyal as possible, well hell, she may as well ask me to bury a body of a person she killed and not say a word.

What Guys Said 7

• Everyone has their flaws, as her BEST FRIEND you should be on her side. Or you can do the *right thing* and lose your best friend.

• i did that once. now i have no best friend anymore...

• No. I'm friends with her, not with the boyfriend (I assume), and however wrong it might be to cheat according to me or whoever is put in this situation, it's not illegal.

• tell her boyfriend

• You don't need to tell him, that's her prerogative

• I have/had a (female) best friend like yours. Let's call her Janet. She had a boyfriend like you described. He treated her like a princess. Let's call him Brad. He worked whole day and when he came home he regularly helped her in the house hold. Janet was unemployed again (she didn't had a job for some longer time because she liked facebooking, flirting etc. at the job more than working) Sometimes they would get in a fight because he was too tired when coming home from work to clean the plates or for sex. So Janet went unhappy. Because she had didn't get enough sex and was unhappy, she hooked up some guys to fuck her to cheer her up. I told her to break up with her boyfriend if she is so unhappy with him but she said she didn't want to since she would have to move out from the apartment of her boyfriend. It went so far that she was booked out a week in advance and on some days 3 or more guys. After some weeks a relative of her boyfriend noticed that there was something wrong. So she needed to break up before he found out what really was happening. About 2 weeks later she found a new boyfriend "so caring, so gentleman, so good sex, best man I have ever seen". Forward 2 weeks and she was booked out again. But at the same time she is talking about marrying him and getting children with him and this time she is using condoms when hooking up because this time the relationship is more important to her. I was speechless when I heared this. But I haven't talk to her lately because I couldn't stand this.
    I myself too don't know what to advice you except telling her to break up because if she is really your best friend, you would not betray her trust and I myself don't know what to do.

• She is a bad person. If you tell, you will likely lose your friend, but do you really want to be friends with someone that goes behind a person's back like that and can't be trusted?
    Maybe she has done messed up stuff behind your back as well and you don't know. Just stay away from people like that.

What Girls Said 11

• I think that you should advise her against cheating and try to convince her to stop. Its her relationship though and im not sure if poking your nose in it and openly telling her boyfriend is the best thing to do, unless you dont mind not being friends with her anymore. If she continues, maybe leave an anonymous note somewhere for him? Just know that by telling him you are putting yourself in their relationship and will most likely have some consequences to deal with from your friend.

• If she was cheating on her boyfriend, yeah, I'd tell him. I love my best friend very much but I'm not going to just stand by and let her boyfriend be made an idiot of.

• If she's your best friend and cares about your friendship, she'll hear you out. Tell her she needs to grow up and stop being a cheater. If she still doesn't listen then it's time to reconsider your friendship and if it's really worth it.

Why wouldn't you tell her boyfriend straight away?

@Jennyg123 I still don't understand how you could keep that secret from the person who they are cheating on, i would feel sick.

Exactly, in which case she would sicken you and you would no longer be her friend and could tell her boyfriend

• Noo.. Dnt b the angel of doom

• Your best friend deserves to be hurt by the guy she's fucking... sorry not sorry.

• dont tell her boyfriend. you're her friend, so be there for HER. It's her mistake to be making and learning from.

• honestly is key so you should say something.
    but its her decision if she wants to do that , like you can't change that. but if she going to be a slut she will be a slut

• You should probably talk to her instead. Talking to her boyfriend seems a bit out of bounds. If she won't listen to you, then just don't spend time with her.

• If she cheats on him, tell him!

• You should talk to her about it because she is your best friend. Just be straight up with her.

• no I wouldn't bc she is my bff not him