I can't get over him. Any advice?

3years ago, when I was 13, I was always getting in trouble. I was with the wrong people and did a lot of stupid stuff. I moved out of my parents house when I was 12 and lived with different people every night. I was with this guy for a week, and found out I was pregnant. It was a huge shock and a big reality check. The problem wasn't that I was pregnant, it was that I was having twins. The guys I was with thought everything was going to be OK, but when I was 6months pregnant, I went into pre-term labor. Now I'm 16, and it's a struggle to go through the day. The dad of the girls left 3days after they were born. I've tried dating because I don't want the girls to grow up without a dad. Most guys have accepted the fact that I have 2girls and they try to all they can, but it's not the same as having their dad around. I can't get over him. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's a douchebag that left you and his own children. Do you think he honestly is thinking about this even for a second? *pause*

I'm not trying to be rude to you, I want you to understand something. Keeping your feelings for him, isn't fair. But you will never get over someone you once cared. I know that, and I regret that knowledge due to my own situation as well.

What you need to do, is be stronger than what is necessary to live through your day. Your daughters may not have a real father, because this kid was a f***ing punk, but that doesn't mean that there won't be men that they look up to.

For example, I have sh*t tons of friends due to networking. I ran into several situations over the years with my head high, because I was the protector of my friends. The nice guy that women often put down. I helped those people the same as others will help your children.

Keep your head high and fight the battles at your own pace. Stop taking the bigger chunks of the picture and trying to squash them all with one stone. Eliminate each problem separately and at a pace that keeps your sanity.

What's first? Provide for your children. That means that you should try to hold a job and get through school while being a mom. It's not simple, but focus on that with all the power that your mind can invision... Then fight for it.

Use your rage and caring nature to make a better future for your daughters. And don't be the mom that walks out because things are too stressful; you haven't yet, so why start? Be there for them and treat them like your only priority. They would appreciate that, and so would the rest of the world.

My respect goes out to the single mothers out there, but hopefully you can find what you are looking for.

~ ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 2

• What.. you were 12 when you had twins? I call bs

• Were you on '16 and Pregnant' on MTV? You're young, I suggest you don't bring a bunch of guys into your daughters lives because they will be confused and really be lost due to guys coming and going. Their father has a financial obligation to those girls and I hope he fulfills them. I would say get an education for yourself and be able to provide your children with good opportunity to succeed in life.

What Girls Said 0