There's a lot of first date talk on g@g and who should pay for the first date. I'm asking this question as an experiment and I want to know if times have changed. Do girls still expect for the guy to pay, or is it different now, and we now split the bill or have the girl pay? I am very interested to see how the girls answer this and what the guys would think. :)
- No, I wouldn't mind at all.30%(190)21%(224)Vote8%(34)
- It depends on if I like the person or not.15%(92)10%(107)Vote3%(15)
- I would go in half of the total cost.30%(190)19%(205)Vote3%(15)
- I would want him to pay for my meal.21%(133)14%(146)Vote3%(13)
- I'm a guy/I want to see the results.4%(18)36%(380)Vote83%(362)
Most Helpful Guy
Okay, so this is how I do it:
- I expect the female to offer to pay for her part
And if she does that, then I'm like nonono I'm going to pay
And she should be like "no, I'm paying my half"
And then I pay for both parts
That's great because at least she wanted to pay for her part
But if I'm there and she's like
- Okay you dickholder, pay for my meal to worship my womanly charm (read: vagina) because you're the Man and it's your job to pay because I'm a Woman and this is what I deserve for being a Woman and blah blah blah
Then I just want to be like "fuck you, you horrible person, I sure hope you'll get hit by a bus or something"
Simple logic, really; if you're a decent human being, people won't mind paying for you, because you wouldn't mind paying for yourself9
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Girl
In my opinion, whoever asked out the other person should be prepared to pay. Of course, offering to pay your share is still nice. That being said, dates don't have to cost a lot of money. I wouldn't even mind if we did something that was FREE! I'm perfectly happy just hanging out and talking to get to know someone. I like hiking and other outdoor activities that don't cost anything at all.
In my established relationship though, I have paid for my boyfriend plenty of times. Sometimes he pays and sometimes I do. We never split the bill, one of us always just pays for the other. It's not a big deal.
This is a topic that really just depends on the individual couple and what works best for them. It's not a "one size fits all" kind of thing. Some people are more traditional than others and that's okay. People should do whatever they feel is best for themselves.3