How do you balance time between your relationship and school?

Haven't been on gag for 3 months but i felt the need to ask XD

Me and my girlfriend have totally different schedules. She's in her last year of nursing and she has morning to noon classes while i have noon to night classes. The only days we can see each other in Saturday and Sunday. I told her 2 days is enough and we will still be in the same city so it's not a big deal, however she wants more than 2 days but i dont think it's possible.

I'am just wondering what do you guys and gals do to balance school and spending time with your s/o?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I don't have an S. O at the moment, I've just been going out casually with guys, but if that counts... I try to prioritize school and not be too serious about the guys in my life - at least since recently. I'm overall happier that way and I can focus mainly on learning and self-improvement.

People told me to focus on school, not dating which i understand, im the type of guy to kinds put school first, but my girlfriend just wants to spend time. she's in nursing and its a tough program but she still wants to spend some time. I think 2 days is good

Well, since you're in a committed relationship I can see why it's hard... Why don't you talk on the phone or Facetime as often as possible? Also, I know we've all got a lot of work to do in the evening too, but you could slip in an hour or two to have dinner together at least once during the weekdays.

i was thinking the phone before we both go to bed. Yeah dinner could work too

What Girls Said 8

• Okay, so you two have opposite schedules, that's still not too bad! When do your classes end at night? What time do her's start in the morning?

Is it possible to meet her for a breakfast date before class? Is it possible for her to meet you after your last class?

If you two live close enough together, perhaps you can visit each other at different points during the week.

It just takes a bit of moving around and careful planning, but I think it's possible to still have plenty of time for a relationship.

We have a four hour gap on one day so we could get lunch togethere, we cold also talk to each other on the phone before we sleep. I mean she as a tough program too cause it;s nursing, she's a smart girl but i tell her dont worry about me focus on school, we live in the same city and just a 7-10 minute drive away from her house. But time for assgnments and studying is important

It's totally okay to use the 4 hours to study. But don't be afraid to spend time with her also. I think you just need to alternate. Maybe one week you spend the 4 hours studying, the next you spend a couple hours with her and then 2 hours studying. Sounds like she lives fairly close too, so both of you could see each other before and after classes.

yeah we could do that. i'll think of something. Last semeester we had the same issue somewhat and i just had to tell her that we dont live far apart, we can tlak to each other whenever. In all honesty i can go 1 week without talking to her lol, as long as we're in the same city that is ok with me haha.

• You can make it work by prioritizing and unfortunately knocking some stuff out. What you ask? That's for you to decide. I've been there before. I was working full time in the daylight. Going to college full time in the evenings and had to drive an hour to see my boyfriend. He was going through the police academy himself, so he would squeeze me in during the week... once or twice. I would cook for him and watch hi fall asleep on me. While that happened, I took the opportunity to do my homework. Then we would alternate. On the weekends, or a holiday day off he would drive an hour to me and spend the weekend. I did not procrastinate. I did my homework in time and would study while he slept. Once in a while we both took a week off from each other to see our own friends. It can work if you want it and if she is reasonable too.

That is pretty good. I will make more time for her. I'm the type of guy to be ok if i don't see my girlfriend for a week or two, but her on the other hand, she doesn't like it at all lol. But we both have a 4 hours break. So during the break we can get lunch together or something like that

• Sleep on the phone almost every night. Thats how we did it lol. Even if we had nothing to say, somehow it was just nice to stay on the phone all night.

lol, well she would tell me how her dsay went and that right there would put me to sleep XD jk lol. Talking at night could be an option.

• What exactly is the hour difference? Do you get breaks between classes? Does she?
    Little efforts like lunch or dinner or just visits never go unnoticed.

So basically she has morning to noon and i have noon to morning. However on Thursday we have a 4 hour time slot where we are doing nothing, i saved that for studying or working on assignments but i guess somedays we could go to lunch. I think 2 days is good enough but she wants more time with me, we had this issue last semester lol

Do explain that lol he'll teach her about football unless she already knows and go tailgating

football huh? lmao?

• what relationship

• I don't so I've put off dating since my school work is demanding

I still flirt and text with guys... I just hardly ever actually hang out or date or chill etc in person. They're more likely to get a phone call from me than that!
      I don't work but I noticed that my friends with high GPAs don't even text or flirt! I don't know how they stay so focused

lol, i figuired i will just call her before we both go to sleep

• school should always come first. Relationships come and go. However if possible you can find some time between your and hers programme to see each other.

I think 2 times is good enough a week, she is in a tough program so i tell her two times is good, but she kinda wants more time to spend with me

• School comes first. You accommodate what you can school

yup that is true. I think 2 times is good enough a week, she is in a tough program so i tell her two times is good, but she kinda wants more time to spend with me

If she's in a tough program she is smart. Being smart she understands. She may not like it but she understands.

What Guys Said 0