Do girls ever go on dates with guys to see what can develop?

This guy is no Brad Pitt or Channing Tatum or whichever guy you find attractive. He is far from it. He is average looking at best.

But he is nice, kind and genuine and makes the girl feel comfortable.

Could a girl who never saw a guy as a potential boyfriend go on a date with him just to see what/if anything could develop?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why else would someone go on a date? :)

Because they find someone physically attractive? If the guy is only average looking would the girl still be interested?

Absolutely. If he was a cool guy and she knew they'd have a good time.

What Girls Said 14

• I went on dates with any guy who asked me to go on a date just to be nice to the guy and also to learn more about myself, to see what kind of guy I was into. I did that for about 2 years before marrying my husband.

• Sure. I sometimes agree to go on dates just because I feel I have nothing to lose from it. However, these kinds of dates tend to be less fulfilling/lead to no relationships more than if I actually like/am attracted to the guy.

Did any of your dates lead to anything more? And were the guys average looking at best?

Yeah, I dated a couple of them exclusively for a couple months each. And yeah, they were average looking.

• Personally, I don't bother. I've gotta have some initial attraction to bother going out with a guy. Doesn't mean he has to be Hollywood hot tho... most guys I've dated have been objectively "average" but there is something about them that I specifically find attractive.

• Yeah definitely, I mean that's what dating is all about going to meet a person, getting to know them, and see if there is a romantic connection. :)

• No. Because if I don't see it from the get go, then I most likely won't develope feelings with time, romantic feelings that is.
    Itd be a waste of our time.

I'd feel terrible because it's like you're giving him false hopes, leading him on.

Going on a date with someone is hardly "leading them on".

@Papasbrandnewbag I'm no fun at parties

Listen you said it, I wasn't thinking it, but whatever you say mate, whatever you say. Later!

• No. I have to feel at least some kind of attraction towards him before going out. I never go on a date just to see if maybe I'll get attracted.

• What is it with 'average looking'. It's like every guy has to look like chatting Tatum? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's about things that make u Unique, that can make you hot.

I usually want to go on a date with someone I look. Someone I don't like wouldn't make it to the actual date, because I would say no (I'm not in to you). I actually hang out with guys with telling them I just want to be friends. It's ok with them at first, but later they still ask if it could be something more. My answer then is still no. No attraction: then nothing more will happen.

My advise: don't hang on on someone who tells you they Just wanna be friends. I wouldn't do Either. I'm much more worth then that.

• Yeah i've done it before.

• I did once because I heard that even if you don't feel sparks not to write things off until the third date... we never had a third date so I guess he wasn't feeling it either

• Sometimes. I mean, it usually never works out if I wasn't excited to begin with, but you never know.

• Yeah this is something I would do, if I liked them at the start

• Of course that's what you date

• definitely! many of those 'cute' guys, hear that term so often they begin to feel like they can do anything to people and get away with it because of their attractive. whereas someone who hasn't heard it as often can be kinder and more appreciative when someone finds interest in them. good looks fade away, but personailty stays forever. also sorry if that answer seems kind of harsh

• I've done this many times, but unless I felt some attraction at first, it's never worked. All it does it make me feel guilty.

So how come you went on those dates?

Partially to see what would happen and partially because I always felt this tremendous pressure to give what others wanted from me and "be a good girl."

What Guys Said 5

• No. They've made up their mind long before that. But they will gladly go out with him to see what kind of free shit she can get from him.

• i doubt that
    but u never know

• I have seen this if he pays

• Probably not because women have to feel this instant spark and have this intense chemistry with men.

• That's the point of a date

Even if the girl is not completely physically attracted to the guy?