Is anyone besides me ready give up on dating?

I'm tired a jerks out there. I never seem to be the girlfriend. I'm just the one they call to go out twice just to be let down, cheated on, used, and then the girl after me is the one they marry or at least treat like an actually person even though I usually have way more going for me than the next chick. Dating shouldn't be so damn complicated. Why are people such jackasses when it comes to dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh how I love when women get a taste of what men go through every second of our lives. It's so very schadenfreudeingly delicious.

If you love the fact that someone is in pain, then you don't deserve to have someone love you.

@FashionQueen86 Don't bother. He's just one of the jackasses the question was talking about is all.

@FashionQueen86

Who said anything about the type of guys she dates? YOU were the one that brought that up.

Most Helpful Girl

• My only suggestion is to live your life. If the right guy comes around, great. If not, there is still more to you than what guy is in your life. If it happens it happens, if not, oh well. It sounds like you just need to get away for a while, and don't compare your life to other women.

As far as the guys you have been with in the past, analyze every single one of them, write notes, and try to learn some lessons from those experiences to help you grow and better look out for yourself, and dodge red flags. In the future go SLOW in relationships. Don't let your guard down and test a man to see where he goes.

What Guys Said 14

• Be Sandy long enough , life catches up with you eventually.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URMB7kV7vTA

• Dating derives from the English aristocracy. It's about time we dumped it, like the tea in Boston harbor.

• If you keep being attracted to jerks that you are part of the issue. Ask yourself what you are doing that makes them attracted to you and why you are attracted to them.

If those things happen once or twice it can be a coincidence - but if it happens repeatedly it clearly is not.

• I wanted to give you a straight answer but I know the feeling all too well to actually have something good to say...

• pls stop
    bad women attracts bad men

• quit going for jerks and jackasses then you won't have problems.
    and start being forward with guys and not keep making guys do everything which is what girls mistakenly do a lot with guys.

Lots of assumptions you just made there.

• Something tells me you're just going to bars or other low quality places and hoping you'll find a good man

I actually don't go to bars. I don't drink at all. And I don't go to clubs either.

Lol, well, at least you had a genuine answer besides the typical guy response of 'it's your fault' lol

Lol I've done a little reading on relationships things aren't always what they seem nor is it anyone's fault😅

• nah cuz there's actual queens between all the rest

• Im 40. I gave up..

• Dating is complicated and I never understood why it became so tough -.- I understand what you mean

• I gave up around two years ago and I have never been happier.

• I really, really want to settle down with a woman, despite my lack of relationship experience (one long distance one that was chaste when we were together), but I'm NOT going to settle for a woman who has slept around.

At my age, that doesn't leave many options, so I'll probably just enjoy my money and freedom to pursue my hobbies.

I have that same thing but with guys. I don't understand how guys want a girl who hasn't slept around but won't stay with her if she doesn't sleep with him. Like, genuine question, but why is that?

Didn't think about that. I suppose that could be a factor.

last sentence is me

• Stop dating jerks. It's that easy.

Of course, if you're only attracted to jerks, then you have your own issues to solve, don't you?

• yeah I think a lot of people aren't feeling the dating thing at the moment , your not alone

What Girls Said 4

• maybe you need to scare the bejesus out the next guy by saying, hey I am really serious with you... if you aren't serious with me and just playing around... please exit out of my life asap

• Agreed!!! I've been single two years. Dated guy who didn't want relationship but was on a dating website... Then same again he wanted no commitment but then left me got in a relationship. Then i slept with a friends boyfriend for six months. Then i started chatting to someone online but then he disappeared and talks once a week... met someone in town who still likes his ex. It's never ending battle of the wrong guys. I'm looking.. I am confident however nothing seems to work out. Given up now.

I feel like people make dating hard for no reason and then blame the injured party for not being able to see it coming.

Ignore him... men do shit like that all the time and cheat, too, so no one can really throw stones about anybody's past when it comes to dating.

I'm not condoning however I've learnt a lot so I think it's only good if you learn from mistakes and move on X

• You read my mind. I don't think its supposed to be this complicated

• I gave up dating because I'm not very good at it. I can't blame every man on earth.