Do random people ask you out?

Be honest, have you ever had a random person ask you out (I am excluding going to the bar, club, or any event where you expect to be asked out).

This has never happened to me before (sigh, I wish it would). I live in a small to mid-sized city in the south of the U. S. and I am not sure if it is common for random people to ask you out. ):

I want to know if it happens to you.

• YES
  • NO
  • I wanna see the results

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• One time a random girl straight up asked me to marry her. She got down on one knee and asked me in front of all my friends. I turned her down politely though. It was probably a joke or something to do with her sorority. Otherwise, no one has asked me out seriously on the streets or any other time for that matter.

• Nah not really, though one time when I was at the skating rink some kid tried to set me up with all her friends lmao that was a interesting night lol.

• 0|0
  • Ouu

Check it out.. right now we got a higher ratio for women getting asked out 3.5 women for 1 guy And 2.5 men for 1 girl for not getting asked out

Predictable outcome

• I thought they did once, turns out they were telling me to get out. As in leave, because I was creeping people out.

• I'm not a 22 year old female that is regularly exposed to the public, so no.

• No, that never really happened, I would turn them down anyway.
    I've had a couple girls just walk up to me and ask for my number though and a few asked for my number after we happened to chat at some random place.

• Here in the UK people rarely , if ever , talk to strangers without a valid reason , besides women very rarely ask out men , there is no need , men approach women all the time , even though a lot of women hate it !!

• You can never estimate the interest someone has in you until you talk to them. If they just ask you out from left field all the time without any conversation at all, I would say that is abnormal and random. Otherwise no.

• Yeah and I'm a guy so you should feel some shame RN op lol

• I wish.

• Nope 😭

• Sighhh I wish😂😂😢😢😢

• Nope I am a lonely in my cornfields.

• nahhh

• I wouldn't say it happens but it has happened

• Every day random girls ask me for sex.

media.giphy.com/media/3o85xtVybcTRuiIO64/giphy.gif

What Girls Said 17

• Sure, that's kind of a common thing isn't it? Look at everyone who is together, not all of them met at a bar and club or whatever.

• It's happened to me. Quite a few times. Is it weird? At first yes. But you get used to it. I have never went out with anyone who cold approached me though.

• It happens to me but I don't like it because I never want to date somebody yet

• Yes it's happened, but I wouldn't get upset that it doesn't happen to you. It doesn't mean guys don't like you from a distance. Very few guys ask girls out on the" street ".

• Yes, never in Europe but quite a lot when I was in Asia & Australia, guys would just come up to me on the street of in coffee shops.

• Yep, all the time :)
    Living in a city helps.
    But the most important thing is to be approachable. If a guy thinks you'll shoot him down, he won't ask. So you have to smile and stuff so they know it's ok to talk to you.

• I did have random guys ask for my number but, being a really shy person, I wouldn't accept them. I don't know I always thought it was a joke. Don't ever get a shy person offguard , their first instinct is to flee.

• All the time, that's like 99% of the time how guys hit on me.
    Guys who know me never do.. I thought that's how dating was

• No, I have not had this happen to me.

• It's happened. But rarely.

• (insert. eye. roll. here)

• I wish they did, I feel like not many men my age group like me

• Yes, but not all the time.

• Hit on me yes, ask me out no :)

• I answered yes but it is yes because I am very outgoing and a loudmouth. So I attract people or guys. Not necessarily the guys I want to go out with. But I do get asked out for no reason at all.

What has been the best approach you've seen?

Gelato.

@QuestionMan so you want to know the best way to ask a girl out for ice cream. I can only tell you what will work for me. And there are guys who know this technique and they hang around the women's department in department stores. Sometimes I shop at Bloomingdale's which is a high end department store. They have the latest styles and whether I actually buy something there or not doesn't matter at least I see what is considered in. A lot of times there are guys hanging around this area of Bloomingdale's. They never come up to me and say could you help me with an outfit or something my girlfriend. Absolutely not to come up to me and say "hey… My mother's birthday next she's not that old. What should I get a could you help me?" I am very smart very smart but I'm dumb is a dummy ragdoll because I always get fooled. I think it's for real but they really just trying to pick me up. We ran around the department store a little bit and all of a sudden, hey how about going for ice cream?

• It's happened.

• it happens to me all the time and I hate it because the guys are ugly