How much do you care where you go on a first date?

Obviously there's a limit, but I personally don't care too much where I go on a first date, like if we're just sitting on a bench talking.
To me, a first date is about getting to know the person. If at the end of the date I feel I had a good time, then I will consider a second date. If I didn't enjoy it, then she wasn't for me, therefore no second date.
The best way to determine if someone is a good match, is if you can have a great time just talking to each other.

So how much do you care where you go on a first date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Same. I prefer something simple and nice where you can get to know each other.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 26

• I can Almost Always Expect that the First date is Not going to be Anything real... Extravagant. Which is fine. Why would he want to pay a Small Fortune on Someone who may dump him tomorrow?
    But of course, on the other hand with a Man, I have had Many who Have Paid this Price, and I have Not Pursued anything further.
    First Date in Doing Something Simple is the Best from the Rest so we Can get to Know one another and See if there Might be a Second Round with no Frown.
    I would suggest that One don't Do a Movie though. Many times no one is Watching the Picture and Making their own Movie, which is a Night with No... Talking.
    Good luck and Great question, @AleDeEurope xx

• Not very much, as long as we can talk and it's in public, but I do appreciate it when it's a cool, creative first date. One of my favorite first dates was an open air symphony concert at a park which I really liked. We brought some food and drinks and just chilled there listening to the music, talking quietly, and then walking around after. It was sweet. And cheap lol.

But yeah, the type of date doesn't really factor into how much I like someone, or whether it's a match. It's just if you already like the person, it can enhance the experience - like a bonus.

• I like to know the options because as girls have mentioned, there are places I don't like to go. I also judge a person by what he likes to do and if we are going to be a match. Like, if a guy says, let's go hiking! Then he likes me and says let's go hiking again. I'm out. I'm outdoorsy but not in extreme ways. If a guy says there's a wine tasting coming up... I delete his number and block him. Lol. I met a guy at the Target parking lot. No expectations. We talked for hours until Target closed and got kicked off the parking lot. We set up the next date at a steak house and I just loved the mutual feelings. Still together.

• I care which is why i put consideration in a date. Unlike a lot of girl i actually don't hold it against a guy if the place we go to is boring or is something unfortunate happens. Most places are fine but one thing i dislike in first dates is places like movies or concerts. Not that i dislike those places but getting to know the person is important, i also don't like overly lavish dates because although it goes against my nature to associate a bright and shiny expensive place with a chill vibe with attraction for the actual guy himself. I feel as if i'm one of those girls falling for a guy's money and not his personality. Great ideas for second dates but not first.

Mainly i want to know a guy on a personal level, i dont hold it against him if he struggling, i'd try help him within reason because he could be interesting and funny but just has to open up more. Also its a good way to get a sense of a guys bullshit.

• Not too much as it's actually better when it's a neutral place so we can just talk and get to know each other. I'd be happy with meeting up in a park, on a square or at a coffeeshop, a contemporary arts or history museum would be a great idea if we both have an interest in art or history, which we should because those are two of my major interests.

• Very very little. I'm easy to please and I'd rather talk.

• Don't really care as long as it's casual, comfortable and we are able to talk... so fancy restaurants and movies are out but pretty much anything else is cool... most of my first dates have been just meeting for beers.

• As long as it's a casual environment I'm down. Anything too fancy or serious could make it too awkward to just talk and get comfortable. I think walking around a carnival or boardwalk and just chatting and stopping every now and then to play a game or get a snack would be nice. That kind of atmosphere also gives you stuff to talk about and things to do together.

• For a first date i like to just walking and buy something to eat / drink then sits on a bench and talk. I don't like fancy stuff because you can't know well a person like this. This is just boring. Plus when we walk we can find good subject to talk about if we don't know what to tell, etc...
    I don't really care where we go but more about how he act toward me.

• It matters because there's only one chance to make a good first impression, especially if you like the other person more than they may feel about you from the start.

• I don't think location matters as long as it's quiet and private enough to talk and get to know each other, and maybe make out. Hey, the heart wants what the heart wants.

• I don't care at all about the venue.
    you are absolutely right it shouldn't matter.

• Not a movie or a show. Thats basically it haha.
    I want to be able to talk and get to know someone to see if we click.
    If our attention is toward a movie or something, that's not really beneficial.

• First date i'd want to go somewhere super casual. Like walk a park maybe grab a coffee or food from a vendor (maybe bring skates or rent bikes) and just talk all day and get to know them :D

• I care about it because it shows me is a guy worthy of second date ;)

• I do care somewhat I guess.
    For example, I wouldn't be comfortable going to a concert for a date.

• I care. I really hate going to restaurants.

My fave date was with a guy who took me on his bike to this gorgeous mountain that was overlooking the ocean and we just sat there for hours... Perfect date in my opinion.

• The only place that I wouldn't like to go is a movie. I want to be able to talk and get to know the person! Also, I think it goes without saying, that I don't want to go anywhere creepy like a graveyard. xD

• I don't really care as long as the place isn't boring as hell. XD

• Anything that is art related, I am perfectly fine.

• agreed!! I think dates should increase in effort as they go on to about Learning the person and showing them how to are. It's a bit like the make up lie.

• Not much. I want there to be a good amount of talking but not too much (I'm too awkward for that)

• I do care but only because there are definitely places that I DONT want to go to.

• I care if we're going somewhere boring

• Not much

• Too much but i agree your thinks

What Guys Said 13

• The FIRST DATE is the DEFINING date!! What you offer, will give her an idea of how well you listen, how you understand her.
    It doesn't need to be anything flashy, and 5-Star, to make her smile!!
    The ladies I like, would HATE a 5-Star place!!!
    What matters, to the ones that I have been with, was that the first date was something PERSONAL, to them; something she had mentioned, or talked about, when we were getting to know each other, and playfully flirting!
    I listen, and when she just casually mentions some place she likes, OK, I hear that!! Good place for a First Date!! But rather mundane, and expected!!
    Go another step, and find something AMAZING!!
    For example, one that I dated loved BBQ Pork with Broccoli, and fried rice.
    I took her to a Mongolian BBQ place, that she never knew existed, and you can pick what you want, and they cook it for you! She LOVED IT!! She picked this and that, and they cooked it for her, and she loved it! Then she went back, and got more!!
    Talk about an AMAZING 'compliment' for the guy, making the date!!! She actually EATS!!! How bad is it, for the guy, to try to find the PERFECT place, and then she barely eats anything?
    The point of the First Date, is to show her that you know what she likes, because you have been listening!! Ladies, the way you show him that you appreciate that effort, is to EAT!! We KNOW you want to, and you should love it!! That's the point: Make her happy with something she loves!!

• As long as it's not a movie, a balls out expensive restaurant, fast food (ok... I'll fucks with chick-fil-a) or a night club, I'm game

• I care as in I want to put effort into it and not appear disinterested. But the real important thing is forming a connection, and I don't think it matters where you go or what you do as long as that connection is there

• I care more about the relaxation and the social element, I don't put pressure on myself.

All about fun, I enjoy meeting people. :-D

• I honestly don't care were we go, as long as it's a place were we can talk and get to know one another we can go to a field for all I care.

• I care a lot for both our sakes. See, I love pizza, but I also happen to not be the cleanest person when it comes to eating it. If I take a girl on a first date, it sure as hell won't be to a food place like that because I would hate for her to be put off by me and I hate being embarrassed.

• Zero. But I give no fucks on any 'dates' after that, either. Unless I decide I want her to go away and think that it was her idea, then I pretend to care.

• it doesn't matter that much it just shouldn't be something super expensive on the first date. Like you said, it's really just to get to know each other. If we are both interested, we can choose something better.

• As long as it's cheap I'm easy enough on the "Where". Normally take them to the sea front or town and buy a coffee/ice cream depending on the time of year.

• It has to be somewhere we can have a conversation. Not a movie, a noisy bar or a nightclub.

• You had better learn something about the opposite sex. It makes a big difference to your partner, especially if you remember it forever even if the two of you drift far apart. If you can not remember the first date or the first kiss you shared together by day date and approximate time, she will be more than happy to remind you because it has been played back in her head a million times. Do your homework, because that will be on a quiz.

• Hell I just try to go to somewhere like Starbucks. Cheap, public, hard to not be okay with it.

• First date was at the retro cafe behind our school run by a senior Christian couple. 👯