Is he afraid to say I love you?

So I'm not rushing it all, but I've been talking/dating this guy for 4 months now. We talk about things such as family, how many kids we want, names and etc and it's never awkward. One day out of nowhere he says "I want us to be together and have a family." I asked him if he loved me and he said he had strong feelings for me. He shows a lot of concern for me if I'm sick and I know he has feelings for me, but doesn't him saying that mean he has to love me? And like I said earlier I'm not going all crazy because he didn't say I love you.

Most Helpful Guy

• No it doesn't mean that. If he loved you he'd say so

Most Helpful Girl

• You both have Come This Fat Thus Far here, dear, with Nursing and Nurturing Something very Special. And I must Say, you have Come... A long Way.
    I believe that Yes, he is Definitely In Love with you but do Not ever Try to Push him to Spill his guts by Saying These Three Little words, which of course, Mean so Much. Don't say it again, wait and see if he Might in Time, Tell you himself.
    As much as you Want to Hear it, I am sure he will one day, tell you because he is Ready and is Doing it in a special Way, tell you, maybe even on Bent Knee, with other Such Surprises in Mind at that time.
    Rome was not Built in a Day and nether was this Ripe ol Romance by Chance... You both Worked hard Together to Form with a Perfect Foundation that took Patience.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• He wants to start a family with you. I dont see the point of this question. He obviously loves you.

• Does the boy feel like a natural fit to you?

What Girls Said 1

• I think he's saving it for something meaningful, like maybe your six month or like the first time you guys get in bed. I don't know. Some guys are like that. My other thought is, do you have most of your conversations over text? Because guys will say all that stuff about kids over text but they're too shy to say it in person