Is it too much to say good morning or goodnight after you asked a girl out, but before the date begins?

like the date is planned a few days later and in between the guy says 'good morning' or 'goodnight'

Good thing? or is it too much?

• good idea
  • too much, don't do that

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to like it when a guy does that even before our first date. But now I try to minimize text communication since I learned that first date can go so wrong even after texting each other every day n good morning/night texts.
    It's lovely to get those texts from a guy I'm interested in. But I personally prefer guy to text me less before our first date. You never know until you actually meet that person.. Lol
    I been talking to my guy for two weeks now our first date will be this Saturday lol well we barely text to each other we only texted 4-5 times and when we text it's just short conversation we don't keep convo going. but we know we interested in each other bc we set up our date.. I guess That shows enough if you just met this person right.
    there's one time I sent him good morning text after I turned him down once bc I already had a plan and I felt bad..
    And tonight he randomly just texted me good night. And I think it's still sweet and cute just randomly pop out good morning/night text. It shows your date that you think about them and are interested. It's really up to you but I would recommend text less before the first date.. For just in case haha

What Girls Said 5

• If you know or have a hunch that she feels the same way, I think she'd like it. Otherwise, don't. A guy who like me but I didn't like back did that and it was super annoying.

its really difficult to tell whether or not she does like me back... but should we talk about anything before the date starts?

You should, but you should text her during the day or evening, not in the morning. Text her a simple, "how's your day going" (afternoon) or "how was your day" (evening).

• I don't see it a big deal. If you'd like to, it would be sweet and nothing bad

• I think it's sweet, but if I were you, I'd just stick to the night time stuff :)

• first date?
    yes
    but it also depends on how much she s already into you

• Not, that's sweet.

What Guys Said 1

• too much, don't do that