Is it too much to say good morning or goodnight after you asked a girl out, but before the date begins?

like the date is planned a few days later and in between the guy says 'good morning' or 'goodnight'

Good thing? or is it too much?

• good idea
    70% (7)60% (3)67% (10)Vote
  • too much, don't do that
    30% (3)40% (2)33% (5)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
6|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to like it when a guy does that even before our first date. But now I try to minimize text communication since I learned that first date can go so wrong even after texting each other every day n good morning/night texts.
    It's lovely to get those texts from a guy I'm interested in. But I personally prefer guy to text me less before our first date. You never know until you actually meet that person.. Lol
    I been talking to my guy for two weeks now our first date will be this Saturday lol well we barely text to each other we only texted 4-5 times and when we text it's just short conversation we don't keep convo going. but we know we interested in each other bc we set up our date.. I guess That shows enough if you just met this person right.
    there's one time I sent him good morning text after I turned him down once bc I already had a plan and I felt bad..
    And tonight he randomly just texted me good night. And I think it's still sweet and cute just randomly pop out good morning/night text. It shows your date that you think about them and are interested. It's really up to you but I would recommend text less before the first date.. For just in case haha

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• If you know or have a hunch that she feels the same way, I think she'd like it. Otherwise, don't. A guy who like me but I didn't like back did that and it was super annoying.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

its really difficult to tell whether or not she does like me back... but should we talk about anything before the date starts?

• 2mo

You should, but you should text her during the day or evening, not in the morning. Text her a simple, "how's your day going" (afternoon) or "how was your day" (evening).

• I don't see it a big deal. If you'd like to, it would be sweet and nothing bad

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's sweet, but if I were you, I'd just stick to the night time stuff :)

0|0
    0|0
  • first date?
    yes
    but it also depends on how much she s already into you

0|0
    0|0
  • Not, that's sweet.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• too much, don't do that