50/50? all or everything half?

do you think its wrong for a men to ask the girl to pay half the rent? when he's the bread winner?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should be spending an equal percentage of your respective paychecks. So if you both spent half your paycheck on rent (i know way to high) and say you got $500/paycheck and he got $800/paycheck then you'd spend $250 while he'd spend $400.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes it should be 50/50 I personally wouldn't feel easy until I know that I'm paying to live here as much as he is..

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 17

• After date 2 50 50 is preferred

• In my honest opinion if a man can't pay for his living and expenses then he is not ready for a relationship. It's ok only when she genuinely wants to do it.
    And saying things like, if she does not pay half then she gotta clean the house and do the laundry, is even worse. It means he's unable to and can't take care of himself, in which case I don't even know what the fuck is she doing being with him.

• What do you mean when he's the bread winner? If you're just starting out on your relationship/dating with the other person, no one is the bread winner. But by the time you two settle down - you should be mutually agreeing to who pays and when in each instance.

• If you're just roomates no it isn't wrong to split 50/50

• I think it's fair, just cause he's the bread winner doesn't mean he has to pay for everything. Unless he's okay with it of course. Some guys don't mind and some guys do. It's all up to him.

• No, if she doesn't like it then she can leave him.

• I don't think I could, in good conscience, be living with a woman unless I was fully providing for her. I grew up believing that a man is to be the breadwinner and fully take care of the woman he loves so that she doesn't have to worry about going to work.
    If she wants to work and financially contribute, that is her right, but it should be an option, not mandatory. I feel that a man is at least morally obligated to take care of the woman in his life.

• Forget the bread winner ideology. Feminism killed it. Get with the times. Go out and work and pay for your stuff. You want respect as a gender? Earn it.

• i dont mind the 50/50 but isn't he being sort of a womanizer expecting me to cook clean take care of our son and everything a house Maids supposed to do?

• didn't mean to put womanizer that's a completely different meaning

• Not if he wants you to pay 50/50. You should do 50% of the house work...

• Yes. But only if the man IS the bread winner. If the woman is earning the same money then 50/50 is fair.

• 50/50 is good

• Shows like boyfriend and girlfriend ; this should had been talked about before move in

• yes 50/50 the end

• 50/50 is how it should really be in a couple

• If she has an income then yes. If she's got no income at all or savings and isn't looking for an income then no, but if she doesn't have an income then she needs to be doing something worth half the rent, clean the place spotless, cook stuff, fix things, run errands, all those kind of things. Basically if she's not doing something worth half the rent then that is absolutely absurd and she can get lost, move out. Earning more doesn't oblige you to pay, that's retarded.

img03.deviantart.net/.../...woodpete83-d4wbk9y.jpg

• Definitely

• Yes absolutely, a female should not be expected to be a kept woman not in this day and age. Many modern women these days expect equality but only on their terms. They see their partners money and property as half theirs and their money and property as their own. In my marriage all I earn goes into the pot as does hers and we each take an equal portion out for personal items every week.

• I'd probably not want to share. It's my own place and she can move in. Ill buy houses and pay for it all myself so its all mine

What Girls Said 5

• If the girl is earning money and in employment then why shouldn't she pay half of the rent?
    Honest to god I get so wound up at some women thinking they can get preferential treatment and expect the guy to pay for absolutely anything. No. You're both humans, you're both earning, be fair!

However, I completely take all of this back if the man is earning like millions a week and the woman is earning barely anything (And the man is completely fine with paying for the rent). I just think you should be fair.

• what does it have to do with him being the bread winner? so you get to sponge off him? Having a vagina does not give you an excuse to do that. You make all us women look bad by even asking this here. get off your ass and pay your fair share.

• lol stfu! who said i was just sitting on my ass? well if he wants me to cook clean and do everything else for him he maybe should pay full rent but im fine with 50/50!!!

• I can read you asking if you it's wrong for men to pay half the rent. NO IT IS NOT WRONG. IT"S FAIR. PERIOD.

• duuhhh i said i was fine with it!!!

• Rent should be 50/50. It's much better that way you're both equal. That being said doing 50/50 in a mortgage is a big no no because then it causes such big problems in the case of a divorce.

• No. A man has no moral, ethical, civil, or societal obligation to be the primary breadwinner. Those days are a thing of the past.

• what if he treats you like you the older days... like you have to cook for him clean for him take care of your child plus work and pay rent

• yes the child is his!! ha i wish he would do something around the house but i doubt a finger would be lifted he thinks thats a womans job!

• Tell him if he subscribes to that way of thinking, that keeping a roof over your head is part of the package! He can't have it both ways. If he is jumping on the progressive bandwagon, he has to realize that guys are helping out more. :)

• I think no one should be moving in with someone if they know that they can't afford to live by themselves to begin with, I do not understand the logic behind that, most apartments require the person makes at least 2 times the rent. One should not plan to solely depend on someone to pay the rent, wonder if they get dumped? Then that person could be left without a place to stay if they can't afford to get their own place