I am 24 and fed up with living at home?

i seriously never could live normally. I stayed because of money issues and school, but at this point like wtf... my social life is non excistent and if im too active then i=my mom gets all jealous and controlling, i never had a proper boyfriend, i started dating at 22, i could just never live normally without being harrased by my mother and if i leave for a couple nights she just HAS to know where i am and then she gets jealous and controlling and hates me for living my life, i just got depressed last year... i feel like... wtf, what should i do? i have no friends nothing to do and if i move out i will be alone with no friends and shit...

Most Helpful Guy

• these are somewhat normal issues in that the parents keep being parents and wanting to know you are ok. that doesn't change. but the control should be reduced or eliminated now... and you are responsible for your choices and mistakes.

REalize... as fara s I can tell... your mom has been really hurt in life and made some mistakes, or misfortunes occurred. She doesn't want you to suffer so she is controlling you (projecting her fear onto you). You have to learn and experience life on your own.

if you have the money, then move out, or develop a plan to make the money so you are financially secure. don't go out into the world without money being a woman.

Its too bad you don't have a good reltionship with your mom where you can say... Im going away for a few days, I'll be back or just keep her informed so she know syou are safe, but don't have to share details. parents ar concerned for their kids, so that is a good thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude I know what you mean. I came home after graduating from college bc my mom needed a vehicle since she was in an accident. My older brother is a useless POS so she only has me to help. I can't have a conversation in my own room bc the walls have ears. I don't bother even looking for a guy. I changed at college and I find my high schools friends who stayed home just meh. I don't really hang with anyone or go out bc she's controlling sometimes. I can't even hang out with my cool aunt bc she gets jealous. Im not used to asking permission anymore but I do bc I live in her house and respect her. I'm hoping find a job soon so I can gtfo bc it is taking a toll on me. I love my mom but damn. Get a job, save, and leave. I'm set with another place, I just need the job.

Good luck to you.

What Guys Said 3

• Travel. Find an organisation and travel! Honestly you will find really cool friends and be a part of experiences you will never forget. It will keep you out the house and not only that I guarantee it will make you happier. Maybe you being away from the house will get your mum to realise that you are old enough to make your own decisions and live your own life. Travel or no travel.. I would recommend talking to her, just you and her and explain what it is your feeling and what you may think should change for the better. She should see you as an adult now, not a little kid.

• Get out of there and build yourself a new life like pretty much everybody else. You have the power to change it, you are just not doing it.

• I am your future boyfriend

What Girls Said 2

• Seek a therapist.
    Venting to randoms online does nothing. What do you want us to do?

• I am the same way