Would you date someone with Bipolar?

Bit of a loaded question, I know. This question is purely out of curiosity, and not associated to me. Interested to hear opinions from both guys and gals.
Also:
- What were the biggest challenges whilst dating or being in a relationship with a person with Bipolar?

Most Helpful Guy

• as someone who grew up in a family with that problem i can say i would have a hard time dating someone that was bipolar. i do understand that there are some that can live a very normal life but there are others who love the mood swings and cause nothing but grief to those around them ( this was my experiance).
    do the problems i moved out the first chance i had.
    watch when my mom would go manic and drain the check book and get extra credit cards. causing parents to fine bankruptcy several times and loose everything. then watch as they crash and try to kill them selves.
    this cycle repeated its self over and over again.
    with that said if they know they have a problem and are trying to normal life and willing to listen / work toward it then there's a chance.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been diagnosed with it. If I have it, it's mild. And I'm on a mood stabilizer. Well I was, and when I was I was pretty darn close to normal, no one would've guessed I was bipolar. Granted I get in moods every so often where I'm down and wanna be alone and when I'm angry, I'm fucking angry lol. And I get overstimulated easily. I don't know if that's related. But my point is, all things considered I'm pretty normal in my temperament. So yes I'd date a bipolar person if they were being treated and stuff

What Guys Said 11

• No I would not. I like being in a relationship that has the least red flags. Maintaining a great relationship is already hard as it is.

• No. Not worth the struggle.

• Yes, cause i have Bipolar i would like to be able to help a girl out with supporting her and we could help each other.

• Not only 'no', but "HELL motherFUCK NO!!!"

• What exactly is bipolar?

A mental health disorder.

Well, no harm in gaining further knowledge on it!

Yep 😂
      I agree

• no way in hell

• Well I'm not perfect either😅 I think I'll have to get to know her first

• No no no
    Any sign of disorder and I'm outta here

• Rather no

• wouldn't mind but i'm gonna get them CBD Edibles !

• I suppose I could date someone with a bisexual Polar Bear. Only if I get to ride on it's back in place of using my car.

What Girls Said 5

• Only if he's taking something for it and is getting help. If I see he is not healthy, no I wouldn't take chances not because of just the disorder. But because I honestly can't handle that in my life. I'm not a well woman, who dealt with stress, and domestic issues all my life. I need to be able to trust a person who sincerely wants help and is constantly monitored. Not everybody can handle a person who has a mental illness, a psychological disorder, a physical disorder or is mentally challenged in any way. All of this comes with responsibility, who is able to provide the love that they need as well as not for the faint of heart. Its best to be honest and real with yourself instead of pretending like you can handle it when you can't and you end up hurting that person. That's another issue. I don't want to risk hurting that person.

• Sure. I have GAD so it's not like I'm that big a catch either :P Besides, my father has bipolar and as long as this person was taking their meds, we wouldn't have a problem.

• My boyfriend is bipolar with hella bad anger issues and it gets ugly at times. He breaks shit a lot when he's raging and he's hurt people but we are working on it together. I think that's the hardest part about it

• Never! I know a person with it and I couldn't deal with dating someone like that.

• I would. I have BPD so... We would be on a crazy train of emotions 24/7.

You have bpd?

Noone can ever know what you really think

Some of what I said is the symptoms

@Dimmu I'd say you need to reign it in a bit, obviously you have had a bad experience but it cannot be said for all people with the condition. To the original opinion owner, thanks for your opinion and your insight on this question. Anyone with any mental illness are NOT evil, and should never be judged. A thorough understanding is all that's needed.