Girls, Is it weird for older men to appreciate the beauty of a younger women?

This very attractive gorgeous 48 year old guy came into my work and was surprised to know that I was the daughter of the woman who owned the business, he complimented me a lot and I felt really good despite what was happening in my life. I think he likes me and I think I like him too, but realistically, its a no go... right?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• No go lol. Just take it as it is, it's a compliment. You both find each other physically attractive, but it doesn't have to be and shouldn't be, anything beyond that. It sounds like there's a lot going on for you right now, so sometimes it's just nice to get compliments from strangers. It's normal to feel good about these things, just don't let it get to your head.

Thanks and yeah, a lot going on right now, I am vulnerable and I need to be careful, because I can be impulsive.

Yea that's what I'd watch out for. You don't want to get into something because of an impulsive decision. If you need to talk by the way, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for MH 😘

What Girls Said 19

• Date who you want. I date older guys exclusively, because most guys my age are fucking disasters. I've never dated a guy over 40, but I wouldn't really care as long as I liked him. Age doesn't have anything to do with who you like. A lot of of people try to tell me that I should be dating guys my age or whatever, but I don't give a fuck what they say because they don't get a vote in my life.

Thank you, the oldest guy I dated was 37, so I am not new to the idea, but if we both like each other, who cares, right?

Yep. Do what makes you happy.

Thank you!

• As long as it isn't lustful on his part, it's just a compliment. I doubt its anything more than that. But if it is, that decision is entirely up to you to make. If he is too old for your reasons, which is old enough to be your dad, then you don't have to if your uncomfortable. But I wouldn't encourage you to do so without knowing his intentions.

• I've always believed that once your 18, the age gap isn't really relevant. At 18 you drive, drink in pubs/clubs, move out of the family home, have sex etc because you are seen as an adult but below the age of 18, you are seen as a child regardless of how old you feel or how mature you are.
    Another angle is how family and friends perceive the age gap. You as a person can choose to accept the age gap but maybe some can't and its a choice we have to make whether to distance our friends & family or the other interested person in order for to be happy.

• No go. Older men are very experienced and know that heavy flirting and compliments can sweep any young gal off her feet. Young guys just don't do that. You can talk to him and establish what his intentions are. I would put him in uncomfortable positions like, invite him with your mom out to lunch or stuff like that. Also know that he is older, probably knows he looks good for his age and is bound to have baggage or lady friends in abundance. I would be careful.

• Why would it be a no go? I was with men older than him when I was younger than you. It's totally normal for older men to be attracted to young women. I find as I've aged I'm becoming more attracted to younger men. I'm 60 and seeing guys your age and neither of us has a problem with the age gap.

Don't let a thing as silly as numbers stop you from enjoying life!

• Nope. But I am bais. I have dated a guy 3 times my age. I was 22 and he was 65. I am currently talking to a guy that's 55 and I am 26. He wants marriage and (more) children, and honestly I can't see a relationship that will develop when I can only see him once every three months. But he thinks I very beautiful. He love my legs, he loves my smile, he thinks my eyes and as bright as the sunshine lol.

Gross!!!

You said" gold diggers dream"! I did not contradict myself in any way! Having four decades of age between people is gross, no way no how could that incur any type of healthy love. One day you'll look back on your life and you will say... what the fuck was I thinking!

Maybe. But for now, I will enjoy it.

• Absolutely it's normal. People don't magically stop feeling attraction as they age. As my dad says, the day we stop admiring is the day we die.

• You can decide that for yourself. Other people in society may judge you but i personally would date whoever i want no matter the age

• It's a no go but older guys live to flirt with pretty young girls.

• You're question doesn't match your story. It's okay for him to look.. But a relationship? No way.

• You make the desicion. There is nothing wrong with age gap relationships, unless the person is abusing you of course (which isn't right in any relationship), So if you like him and he likes you, that's awesome <3

• I think it depends on how old they are. he's almost 50 and your what twenty-ish? This guy is old enough to be my dad. But if you really like him then knock yourself out.

• Just because he's older doesn't mean a relationship with him is impossible. If you feel like pursuing a relationship with him you shouldn't let the age difference stop you.

• Not at all.
    Situation TOTALLY "normal"

• no, its normal af

• No, it's common as hell.

• It is weird that I appreciate the "Mona Lisa"? I mean it is a really old painting.

You're over 18. Go for it. Give that old dude an orgasm so awesome that he has a heart-attack, and lease his vast wealth to you.

• Honestly anyone who really likes you for you and you like them too why not give it a shot? It says your age is 18-24 so legally you can date him or have sex if you want. I prefer older men because they have their life together and frankly more sexy. Keep talking to him and see what happens.

• No but it's kinda scandalous