Would you marry a guy who doesn't want kids until he's 40?

Given he's in his mid 20s

• Yes
  • No
2mo He's not really interested in having kids but he'd be willing to do it for you but not until he's 40.

Most Helpful Girl

• That'd be perfect for me because I want to be able to enjoy my youth without feeling pressured by him to have kids early. It'd work out even more if there was an age gap so I could get pregnant in my early 30s, I've heard the older a woman is the higher the risk becomes still sounds like a sweet deal.

Same here. I want to enjoy my youth (preferrably with someone) before going down the children road. Seems like most girls don't want that. Guess I will die single -.-

Don't think like that, it's a good plan. You just need to find a girl that's more interested in living life rather than settling down immediately, trust me they're out there.

Most Helpful Guy

• For women it's dangerous having children that late. So I wouldn't suggest it.

This is just comes across as someone saying "I don't want kids but I promise in some distant future there is a chance". If you make an ultimatum to wait that long it probably won't happen. Why? Because you don't want kids.

What Girls Said 16

• 40's lol mf I ain't dumb! He must be planning on dumping my ass in the 40's to get himself a young hoe😂😠 not on my watch bub!

lmao. nope, he just wants to spend more time with you "uninterrupted" :)

Fuck that, I want baby gravy in my oven!😠😠NOWWWW! 😂😂

• I'd like to start having kids around 28-31ish.

So, if he's about my age and wants to wait 15 year.. I can't.

http://sogc.org/publications/age-and-fertility/

• Let's say he's 25, I start dating him now. By the time he's 40, I'm 35. At 32 a woman's fertility begins to slowly decline, then reclines more drastically in late 30s. Plus, advanced paternal age has been shown to have potential negative effects on the child both genetically and otherwise.

Because I'm pretty dead set on having kids, I'd like to start trying between 25-30.

And plus I think it's better when the guys a bit younger than 40 at least when he starts having kids so it ensures he's in good shape to play with them. I'm only about to be 20 but my dads 60 years old 🙄Luckily he's in excellent shape for his age but still, it would've been nice to have a younger dad lol

Concerning your update- I want to be with a guy who WANTS kids because he truly wants them not just for me. That's nice but I absolutely adore children and I'm excited for motherhood. And men who are nurturing and paternal are ideal for me.

• I'm not going to have 20 year olds when I'm 60 so no.

• No, I think I want my children much earlier than that.

• I don't want him to be geriatric by the time our kids are 20. I understand that men don't have that biological clock ticking like women do, but, do you really want to be 65 when your kid is 20? No.

60**

If you start having kids at 40, you may have more than 1. So the first would be born sometime at 40, then maybe others at 42, 45, etc. Also, you don't know how long it will take you as a couple to get pregnant. You could plan for 40, and then you don't get pregnant until 42. Most people want two kids. Bada bing bada boom, you are then somewhere around 45.

• I wouldn't marry a man who wants kids.

• No way.

• No I wouldn't marry a guy who wants to have kids at all since I want none.

Read the update

Oh yeah if he was physically and mentally attractive to me and that feeling was mutual I might

• No because by time we are that age I would be a high risk pregnancy, plus I want LOTS of time with my kids. Not to be nearly middle aged when I start. My mom was 38 when she had me, which was somewhat late.

• Probably not. I heard having kids at 40 increases the chance of down syndrome by 50%. I'd rather my kids have a long fulfilling life and I wouldn't want to do anything to possibly jeopardise that, including waiting until 40 years old

• I'd like to call myself child-free forever.

• Nope, because I don't ever want to have kids.

• No...

...

• Yes but if the girl is from another culture like African, get ready to get stare at

• If I thought I could change his mind.

What Guys Said 4

• Im not interested in men so no. Also i can't get pregnent.

• mid 20s is the normal age to have kids.

That's way too soon. at least wait till you get 30.

no it's not, it's natural. many people do.

• Dude this is not a bad age , my parents was in their 40s when they had me

• You should have asked if they are planning to have kids is it ok he is in his 40s since you can still get a girl in her late 20s early 30s still

I started having kids at 31 but I know 2 guys that had kids at 50 and 52 with woman 20 years younger

Lucky ba*tards. How did that happen?

One guy was remarried so it was his 2nd kid and the other was his first time having kids and getting married to a 29 year old nanny from Sweden