Dating an INTJ when I'm an uber extrovert?

Hey guys!

So I'm dating this guys who's very logical and introverted. He has good social skills and what not but he's an INTJ. I on the other hand am overly friendly, extremely extroverted, emotionally driven and talk too much. How do I make sure that I'm being a good partner and respecting his needs without overwhelming him?

I've dated plenty of extroverts but I think that's part of the reason we broke up, we were too similar. I really like this guy. We've been together about 2 months and I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks in advance!

Most Helpful Guy

• I am an INTJ, and I like extroverts.

Though it would help if you learn when to be quiet, and when you need to talk about something just to talk about something, understand that it is really bloody annoying for him that you're not looking for a solution.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well my boyfriend and i are like this... being an introvert he recharges with time to reflect and be on his own a bit. You on the other hand get energy from being with other people. Dont expect him to be the guy who is your only friend you need to hang with your crowd as well. He'll need time on his own sometimes to recharge so let him have some space to recharge in his own way.

What Guys Said 4

• 1. Do not nag, this is most important
    2. Do not expect emotional support. He will look at your problems from a problem solving perspective.

• Talk to him on what some of his needs are (personality wise). Try to accommodate without loosing who YOU are. If you do, neither of you will like the outcome.

• I believe that I am an INTJ... It's been several years since I took the test. What is your question?

• simple: don't cheat

What Girls Said 2

• I so can relate but I never dated them or anything I just have had crushes on guys like that and I am just like how you described yourself 😂

• Respect his time and space. Whenever he tells you he wants to be alone, just let him be. Be loyal and supportive in whatever he chooses to do.