How would you describe yourself in a personal ad?

If you were challenged to write up a personal ad, no more than a thousand characters in length, describing yourself and your dating preferences, how would it read? And how would it be received- reading peoples' answers to this question, would their personal ads rouse your interest? And if not, how could they best be improved?

Since it's only fair that I take part myself, here's my own ramshackle first effort, hastily put together:

"Attractive, intelligent, articulate, driven and determined 29yr old single male, mixed-race, with no kids or baggage from prior relationships. Searching for an 18-30 yr old woman who can say the same about herself (race no issue), for fun, friendship, and ideally, to eventually settle down with and spend the rest of my life with. Sunny by name, and sunny by nature: if you want warmth, kindness and affection, I'm your man. It's only fair to forewarn you though, that when I get close and intimate, things are going to get decidedly hot, steamy, passionate and intense. So if you prefer to keep things cold, casual and distant, I'm probably not the guy for you. But if you'd like a guy who can bring the heat, who'll go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable, protected and truly loved, get in touch. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask; send me some photos and tell me about you, and I'll return the favour with interest."

So, any feedback? And who's willing to give it a try next?

Most Helpful Girl

• First impression of me reading your ad is this is hot damn, I would totally date you!! Why are you single?

Here's my ad if I was single
    Asian Christian girl, straight, college educated, good with money, likes to spend quiet times in a museum, beach or at home with a movie and Chinese food, can cook moderately well, and likes a clean house, reads religious self help books during free times.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Sexy, badass, 63-year-old former KGB officer and President of Russia. I make the US President look like a little bitch."

What Girls Said 3

• I can bake cookies, they're really good too.
    I'm sexually open minded (I think)
    No dramatic family or friends
    I'm looking for a man. A cool, normal one.
    Fairly simple, we date every once in a while and cuddle after sex. We're loyal to each other and share our thoughts.

• ... short and weird. I think that covers everything.

• I would rather be a prostitute

What Guys Said 5

• Clearance Sale, damage item must go

• Loves Babies
    Loves Animals
    Loves Sports
    Silly
    Fun-loving
    Goofy
    17 inch guns 💪
    Likes long walk on the beach 🌴☀️
    Asian, so I'll luv you long time <3

• Available 24/7 including weekends and holidays. Low maintenance.

Just my opinion

• I wouldn't, personal ads and online dating profiles feel like watered down whoring out of myself.

• Shy
    intense
    sweet
    loves cats
    dislikes babies
    5 incher