How to accept your significant other has absolutely no time for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I see most people saying leave the guy. And that's an option if his having no time for you is absurd.

So let's see... Why is it he has no time for you? School, work, family related problems? These are things, amongst others, that can be an exception. Acceptance comes with logic, so if his excuse is logical then I can understand accepting this situation, savvy?

I understand all of those details, he is a busy guy. So basically he wakes up at 5 and goes to school, then works for a bit. He usually crammed like a few hours in for us. But now we aren't texting for whole days on end. He doesn't reply to previous things I've said even when it's I love you... I coach him through his day because I am proud of him. I understand that sometimes the man can't be in the back and riding the horses. But I mean it's just been so crappy. Not even a goodnight or short text in the middle of the day, anything to make me feel like I exist to him. Before this we had some arguments so it's really just killing me

Hm, well this is usually where I would talk about his interest in you is potentially starting to fade. But I don't think so here. You say you guys had some recent arguments? I'm guess that went unresolved? It sounds like a form of passive aggressive/ silent treatment behavior.

If he made time before, then clearly it is possible. No one is busy 24/7!! No one!!! And the fact that now he's not responding to your "I love you", and not texting just to let you know you're on his mind is potentially a power play of sorts. He wants you to feel bad about those arguments.

But this is all speculation!! What happened with the arguments?

I know this position you're in does suck though! I'm kinda there myself, so I'm sorry you find yourself here mate :(.

Most Helpful Girl

• Timing is everything in a relationship. You can't make a relationship work if you can't invest in it. You are pretty much left with the option to walk away and find someone that can provide you with his time. You can leave this relationship in an amicable way. In time, you may find that the other guy decides he can give you time because he misses you.

What Guys Said 9

• You're 16 and married?
    If you can accept that, you can accept your SO not having time to pay attention to you!

Ok obviously I'm
      Not actually married.

... I'm not moping. Do you know me? Do you know my life? Haha nooo. Clearly you have no consideration for my pain.

Why do you ask questions here if you don't want answers from people who don't know you?

• Not trying to pry but you're 16 you're SO can't be that much older. What does have going on besides School and maybe a part time job that you two can't hang out? You two go to separate schools or what?

• That's an excuse to end it is all

• Depends on her situation
    No one have time we have to make time for someone we care about
    So if she won't have time for me then I'd find someone else who's free 😂

• Break up and find someone else.

• You don't, if he truly cares about you he would make time for you.

• You shouldn't really accept that. There has to be a compromise somewhere

• By leaving. How is it even a relationship if they won't make any time for you?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• You don't.

It's abnormal to be in a relationship where your partner doesn't want to see you cause they "don't have time".

It's indicating a very big problem somewhere.

• Have you tried to talk to him about how you're feeling? Telling him that you'd appreciate if he could set aside a little more time for you in his schedule, as you're left feeling a bit side-lined otherwise?

Of course. But it's the same
      Answer and then I feel guilty and ef off to let him
      Do his thing.

He says often "I'm
      Usually busy baby" and that's about it for the next day.

hm... ask him how long he thinks his school workload will go on for. If he thinks he'll continue getting such unmanageable amounts of assignments/studying for months, the rest of the year, or if this is just a temporary thing. If it's for the rest of the year or the rest of his schooling, you might have to reconsider if you're willing to stay in a relationship where you're shafted to that degree.
      (you're only 16 so.. keep that in mind. The world is your oyster in terms of dating and guys you decide to spend your time getting to know better.)

• *He still could make some little time for you if he cared about you. *
    But before braking up, you should sit down and discuss this issue with him.