If a girl changes your flat tire after a date... would you call her back?

Girl goes on a date with a guy. On the way home he gets a flat tire. He called AAA and they said they'll get there asap. The girl said I can just fix it instead of us waiting. He said, "No we should just wait." She waited & waited, no AAA. So she got out and took care of it. The rest of the ride home, he was quiet, he said he'd give her a call but never spoke to her again. Her male friends told her, "Why would u do that? You totally emasculated him. Shoulda just let him be a man."
*This was from an article I read if it sounds familiar.
Anyways, would u call her back? Why or why not? Thoughts?

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1419

Most Helpful Guy

• I seriously doubt I would EVER find myself in that kind of scenario, but will be the first to admit I could be upped by a woman taking command of a stereotypical male role. Any guy that would deny that is lying.

With that said, the question is, would I date her again or call her back? The answer would be yes for two reasons.
    The first reason I would call her back is because I respect her for who she is.
    The second reason I would call her back is I am not a pussy with a fragile ego.

Just my opnion

Most Helpful Girl

• If the guy was so emasculated by your helpfulness, let him go. A more confident guy would have just accepted the help and had a fun story to tell.

What Guys Said 18

• lol emasculation means social castration. if you as a man allow yourself to be socially castrated by a woman changing your car tire there was not much manliness to begin with.

• This is hard to answer because it's about something I am able to do myself. But presuming the issue was over anything else that I would have been kind of expected to be able to do, but wasn't, while she was able and actually did it... I'm ashamed to admit but I would probably not call her back. In that particular case she would have emasculated me.
    Apart from me feeling uncomfortable over it - I could just assume that something would change in her own mindset as well - she would probably think less of me.

• I've read that story before. It could be true, since I wouldn't be good at changing a tire.

But I wouldn't feel emasculated. Is she going to feel defeminized just because I can cook?

• Well that wouldn't happen with me because I actually know how to change a flat tire lol. But a woman knowing how to change a tire is a good thing in my opinion it's something I'd teach my girl, these are things you gotta know in life.

So yeah I'd call her back.

• Yes. It's cool when a woman can do something herself/be self sufficient.

• Yes I would call her back, a girl changing a flat tire is
    i17.photobucket.com/.../Awesome.gif

• As long as she didn't make fun of me or talk down to me for it.

• Are you serious?

That's sick. She's a keeper if she does that. For. While at least lol

• That's fucking retarded. I'd call her back and push for a second date. I don't think any rational male would find it emasculating.

• Fuck i'd totally let her dominate me in bed and later id get straight to the kitchen make her anything she fucking wants!

• Yes, I'd ask her for tips on how to fit bookshelves and unblock toilets, she seems like a HandyAndy or HandyMandy.

• I can change tires alone, I don't need help.

• Wifey material

Road to trophy husband it is!

• Are you serious I'd make her a sandwich and eat her out

• *cough* If he was being a man, he would have fixed it himself instead of waiting for AAA... just saying xD

• Why didn't he change the tire?

• It depends

• There are men that can't change a tire themself? But she would get bonus points if she helped me.

What Girls Said 13

• I'm sorry, but if he felt emasculated because you could change a tire he is a straight up Sally.

• if he rejected her for being competent in his presence, he should not be dating. you should want your partner to be competent so that when there is a crisis there's always someone to pick up the slack. not to mention adults should date adults. not over grown children.

& her friends should be fired. no friend tells a friend to make themselves useless to make someone else feel good. thats incredibly disrespectful.

also she can change a tire but can't make a phone call... why was she expected to wait for his call.

• That's what I wondered too. Like what if he thought SHE never called him back because she had to change his tire for him. Guess we'll never know. lol

• It's nice that she's capable of fixing that, and holds that skill.

But it's HIS vehicle and emasculation aside, if he didn't want her to touch it - she shouldn't have. He may be ticked, and offended. Hence lack of contact.

• Seriously, smh. I hope he didn't feel stupid because you can fix a tire and he couldnt. That being said changing a tire is hella easy more people should know how to do it

• Any guy that wouldn't call back because she took care of business is a little bitch. Usefulness is hot for both sexes.

• I understand this plight. Ya gotta stop dating the insecure ones. I have lived on my own and learned to do a lot of things. Currently I take care of a huge victorian house on my own and I have become pretty handy. I have to constantly remind myself, let a boy handle it if he wants or his ego will suffer. I have a natural desire to just take control and handle things because I have had to learn how to do it all on my own and I believe if you want something done right do it yourself, but I also believe in retaining my friendships with men lol

• you learned to do a lot of things because you are an adult. this is not exceptional.
      its important for adults to feel able. not 'male adults'.

'i have a natural desire to take care of things' =adult. so you squash your strength for guys. do you think they'd pretend to be inept for you? what kind of 'friend' is that?

what was the point of telling her not to date insecure guys if the rest of your point is to pretend to be weak to keep peace.

• I definitely would

• im sorry but im one of those ones that think you should know how to change breaks, tire, and oil before you take your drivers test

• What? And I assume you mean brakes.

• That's sad. And another reason to lock your doors and call AAA for a tire change even if you know how to.

• true lol mine usually happen at my house or on my back ass road tho

• That girl sounds like me... lol
    That is something I would do... lol 😁

• Haha that's so sad that some men actually take this as an attack to their masculinity. Awwww

• Yeah, she changed my tire... I know how to do it but if she did it it's cool.

• Lol, why would I want him to call back? He's weak, so he's no good

• Yeah that proves to him that the girl is better than him at something he should have done.
    She's clearly worth more than him.