Guys, if you were talking to a woman online for 5+ hours every so often for months, with hopes to meet, would you consider her an almost girlfriend?

Im wondering because I think I'm talking to a really shy guy online, just an intuition that I have.. Usually you can tell if a guy is experienced with women and I don't think he is. We've been talking online for a couple months now, and some conversations will last 5-8 hours straight, and go very well. Sometimes we may go a week without talking if our lives are busy; he travels for work a lot; I'm in school. We have plans to meet soon, not set yet, and I'm wondering if it's tooooo much to hope that he may want to be official faster than say if we just met after talking for a week before meeting? I think we'll hit it off, but i also don't want to build up my hope and think that we have something right now if we don't.. You know? Like I'm almost positive he isn't talking to anyone else. I feel like we are starting something but I'm afraid it's all in my head because i don't know where he stands, and I don't want to ask him yet. Like, he's in my head A LOT, which confuses me since we haven't met... And I'm afraid he may not think of me at all.

2

What Guys Said 2

• no its not a girlfriend

• No. Because we never met in person. Essentially, we would just be penpals.