Girls, Why do women cheat?

You agree to the relationship because the guy loves you and you love him. If you can't rectify the issues why not break up or separate then hurt someone. I ask because I have never been in a relationship but it makes me wonder with this happening so frequently nowadays is this something I truly want.

25

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do men cheat?

I wouldn't

I just love too much

Well personally if a girl cheats on me we are done. I don't forgive and forget it's hard to earn my trust and easy to lose it

What Girls Said 24

• Well not everyone cheats. Unfortunately some people do. There are many reasons a person decides to cheat. One could be that they are not getting enough attention in the relationship. Their partner is ignoring them, not complimenting them or spending time with them. That can feel very isolating and make a person want to cheat (though it doesn't justify cheating).

Another reason could be the person's own insecurity. Perhaps they feel so poorly about themselves that they cheat on their partner because they need that outside attention as validation. They cheat on their partner because it feels good having other people compliment their looks. Or even agree to sleep with them.

Other reasons could include boredom with the current partner or even just plain impulse. There is no justification for cheating though. If a person is truly done with a relationship or unhappy the first person they should tell is their partner. Give their partner the ability to fix it or talk to them about it first. Then decide to end things if it's not going to work out.

• i wouldn't know (since i've never cheated on anyone and don't plan to start), but i'll take a guess.

i'd imagine that women cheat for much the same reasons men do. the relationship is missing something, they're bored or don't feel valued/loved/whatever by their partners, for revenge (maybe their partner cheated on them first)... still doesn't make it right.

that said, there are plenty of men and women out there who aren't total scumbags. when you find one, hang onto him/her and don't let go.

• Because the girl doesn't want to be the only one working on the relationship and the guy got comfortably settled in and he doesn't want to work on the relationship. I have never cheated on anyone nor have I been cheated on but my sister cheated on a lot of guys and my husband ex cheated on him

• Could ask the same about guys. Its not a gender thing.
    These people need to be in open relationships not monogamous relationships. Some people just have no idea what loyalty is at all, I would say if they don't break up with their partner before going on to another they are incredibly irresponsible.
    There are many reasons why some cheat but you have to be careful when picking out a partner and you have to watch out for red flags.

People are good at acting

• I had a very short "affair" last year with a guy I'd known for ages. I love my partner very much and we're still together.
    What happened with us was nothing to do with loving or not loving someone, my partner and I were just going through a really hard time and what I had with this other guy was purely an escape. He made me feel "normal" and like myself again. When I was with him, it could feel like there was just us in the world and I didn't have to worry about everything else that was going on... and there was a lot going on.
    He was just someone who reminded me want it was like to be happy.

That being said, if I could go back, I would never have got involved, and I still torture myself with the guilt of all that. I shut myself in the bathroom and cried just the other night, because my boyfriend is the best guy in the world and he does deserve better.

People find themselves certain situations like for many reasons, it's not all so straight forward, but there aren't many people out there who are proud of themselves for it.
    I don't think the guilt ever goes away.

Well me personally I don't forgive and forget if a girl cheats on me we are done it's hard to earn my trust and easy to lose it

• Why does anyone cheat? Not strong enough to break off their current relationship so theyd rather hide in the dark in the arms of another. Too selfish to care or too egotistical to notice they're not the only ones with needs and desires. Just plain old malicious people who will use others for their own gain. Theyll just do it "For the game" and the thrills that comes with it. Look at all these mega stars that cheat on their spouses; look at Jordan Belford from Wolf of Wall Street; there's people who just do it just because they can.

Respect is just a word to people who cheat.

Yeah it's why I don't have a girlfriend. I'm a loyal guy and I won't tolerate that shit

• A lot of women are unhappy with their relationship, but don't break up because they are afraid to be alone.

So they stay in a relationship, and when another guy comes along, they cheat. They often don't care about the relationship itself at that point, they just don't want to be alone. The best way not to be alone ever is to go from one guy to another via cheating, and never have to be single.

Their still gonna be alone once the guy finds out they are cheating

• Why does anyone cheat?

If I was in a relationship with a girl I wouldn't my mind gets tunnel vision for stuff and my relationship with her would be no different

• When they don't feel desired anymore

• The ones that do don't really love the guy

• Both sexes cheat equally, its very subjective. You just choose horrible women. Good luck in your relationships, don't give up.

• the same reason men do. why does anyone cheat?

I never had a girlfriend

• beCaUSE she's A BITCJ

• Because they prefer to take the cowardly way out instead of doing the right thing.

Do they enjoy hurting people

No. There isn't a worse feeling in the word than hurting or potentially hurting a person you care about/love that much

• Either loneliness, money, or the other guy was sexy. Same reasons guys do...

• 1. She's bored
    2. You're annoying
    3. She is just using you.
    4. Can't satisfy you

• The same reason guys cheat.

I never had a girlfriend also I would never cheat

• Same reason men cheat they get bored

Then why waste time, why start a relationship

well why not. Why not risk it anyway

• Not all of them, you just picked the wrong ones

Never had a girlfriend

• Because if he's a weak man, so I'd do it to spite him for being weak and undesirable.

Why not just break up with him instead?

@LadyTerror
      Spite. If he's going to be a weak shit and lose me, it should be as agonizing as possible for him.

• Because I felt unloved, unappreciated and lonely. There was a huge lack of communication and the guy wouldn't talk to me.

• Because the sex sucks
    Lack of communication skills
    The relationship honey moon phase is over
    He is not treating her right

Then why even start up the relationship

ok my bad

Someone else might have thought you cheated

• bcoz men cheat too

I would never cheat

• Humans aren't naturally monogamous. It takes work on both sides to stay that way. Cheaters, like their name says, are those that give up and try to take an undignified and unfair shortcut to fulfillment. But it never works.

If I was in a relationship I only have eyes for that girl