I find many guys that show interest in me unattractive. How can I change that?

It's very superficial but if I'm not attracted to their face (or body) I won't be interested. Like I can find their face attractive but find their body a turn off and vice versa. Many of these people are nice and I would like to look past it. But how can I develop any attraction or affection for someone I don't find appealing? I feel I would be forcing myself and I don't think that's fair to them.

Most Helpful Guy

• No you can't force yourself to be attracted to someone. If you're not then it's not a good idea to pretend you are because it's not fair on either of you.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't really change who you find physically attractive but you should still give him a chance because there probably are other qualities you find attractive about the guy and that can definitely change how you see him as a whole because if you really click with someone and get close to them the thought of how physically attractive they are becomes less and less important, at least in my experience. Hope this helps!

What Guys Said 2

• Why are you superficial to start with?

I don't think I'm a superficial person. the all but when it comes to a partner I want someone who I'm going to like looking at. I've discovered that if I don't find the persons face attractive, I won't look at them. If I don't find their body attractive I won't be affectionate. I'll be uncomfortable.

But you just kinda admitted you are lol
      Nothing wrong with it I guess it's just who you are but there's a lot more to a person than they're looks. Looks will deteriorate over time. A genuinely good person will usually stay a good person

As whole, when it comes to family and friends and whatever else, I'm not superficial. But when it comes to looks and who I date I find it hard to like someone I'm don't find pleasing to the eye. We could be friends but I couldn't date them because I wouldn't want to be physical with them.

I don't know why I'm like this. I know looks fade and in the end it's the persons personality that matters. But I don't know how to just focus on yay when I don't the face or body. I've dated someone who I didn't find attractive and it ended terrible. I was a horrible girlfriend. I never told him the real reason why it didn't work out. I could never make a connection with him. I didn't want to be near him. I liked who he was as a person but how can any of that matter when I couldn't even look at him the face?

I still feel terrible to this day. It's one the reasons I don't really date now. I don't want to do it to someone else. But I have no idea how to fix it

• My first question do you like cats?
    Your prime candidate for lonely cat lady. Good luck with those unrealistic standards, just taking a guess but I'm going to say you beat ain't you?

What Girls Said 0