When you get to know a new guy/girl, how eager are you to check out their social media pages?

The poll offers some options, plus an other option in case none of the votes is valid for you.
I'm not very social network minded, don't have a facebook, twitter or instagram account, just LinkedIn for professional purposes. So probably C for me :D

• Very eager - I'll make the web crash in my enthousiasm!
  • Yest but not urgent. Maybe after one or two weeks.
  • Only if she suggests or asks me to
  • Hardly or not interested
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Very eager - I'll make the web crash in my enthusiasm!
    I know the names of all of my ex crush siblings and parents, lol even what they work and stalked his Ask. fm although he stopped using it in 2013 lmao. I also know the name of his first girlfriend ><
    I don't always do it, actually I rarely do it with my crushes, I just do it to some of my crushes (3 so far).

That's a dangerous game you're playing. What if you accidentally mention something about him he knows he never told you?

@YellowCactus srsly? Haha some of my girlfriends do even more than that lol :p

@ElissaDido what do you mean do you mean by do it more than that? Ohh, yeah I forgot, a fucking DOXING...

Most Helpful Guy

• If they have social media Page (s) that's a deal breaker right there I'd say. I hate how obsessed everyone is with social media, and I rarely if ever use it. I don't want my partner to take a selfie every five seconds and make long passive aggressive posts towards me or anything like that. I only have a fb, and I ignore pretty much everybody on there.

Duuude, there are legit reasons for having a Facebook Page. I have one to advertise/blog for my autism stuff (I attend conferences and do my own events). Not everyone who has social media accounts is a selfie geek.

I recognize myself an I don't even have facebook!

@GoldMeddle "Yeah, perfect example of what I mean. I went on vacation and posted a total of two photos. But then there's people posting seventeen pictures of their coffee "

I must say that cracked me up 😂 😂
      or the people who constantly post pictures of their newly born child, JUST STOP IT !

What Girls Said 26

• I keep my accounts mostly private. If its some random person, I'm deleting their friend request if I don't know them, have questionable content, is not a mutual friend of my friends [depending], or they send some creepy message like : " U look cute, I like U, want to b friends. please message me?" -_-

Oh yeah, good decision - he forgot to say "I'm creepy, like that 8) ?".
      Run for your life :-(

• I'm like expert level for social media stalking. I would be ashamed but it's gone beyond creepy and more like career level impressive.

Oh my goodness, the CIA or MI5 at work 8) 8)
      You know I'm on LinkedIn so feel free to look me up... you have permission as long as you don't pass on the info... :D

Haha I'll give you tips and tricks haha!

I know I can count on you :D

• Because I have trust issues, I tend to check it out relatively soon. Just to make sure what I've been told adds up to what is on his social media page

Hopefully it's generally reassuring otherwise you become even more stressy :o

I didn't want to be a total ass, lol. I just wanted him to know I knew his game 😉

Yeah, quite important. Now you're the boss and he can't play games anymore :D

• Not gonna lie, as soon as I knew the guys last name I'd snoop his Facebook profile as well as Google his name... not for any creepy reasons, but to see if there are any red flags and just to see if we seem compatible based on what he puts. out there.

Gosh I don't want to know in which lists he may appear :-(
      Drug addict bank robbers with a fraudulous background 8) 8)

• I chose the first option! I'm very eager to know all about them lol.

Haha before the first kiss you'll know the size of his shoes, his last 3 holiday destinations and the name of his dog :D
      And than discover the next day there are two guys with the same name on Facebook hahaha :o

• I first check to see their relation ship status and what their sexual orientation is if it has that information. Then I just facebook stalk to my heart's content, always being careful not to like anything.

• Nothing better than a good Facebook/Instagram stalk.

Haha that's a fairly frequent answer... so what info would you be looking for?

• thats stalking in my book xx

Yeah for sure, read some opinions - lots of real stalkers haha!

• I always check immediately! You can tell a lot from someone's social media - how they act with other people, what they're friends are like (important because "birds of a feather flock together"), and most importantly, if they have a girlfriend/boyfriend they aren't telling you about or any baby mama/daddy drama.

Haha I guess it depends on the person... some publish everything on their facebook :D

That or sometimes there are little things they forget to hide. Or they're friends pages haha. I've found out some stuff!

Omg I've been doing this too long lmfao.

• if we are flirting heaps I always check for cheating. So many guys hide their girlfriend/wife. If a guy is keen I make sure he is single before we get involved

Oh yeah otherwise your feelings could soon get hurt :-(

• stalking is the way to go

Haha just stay within the limits of what's legal :D

• hehehehe I would be very eager but just because I like to know something You don't know plus I want to know my FBI skills are still there. >]

Oh I see! What do you know about me?
      *Feels a little worried* :o

• Other.

I only Google future venues that they suggest we go to on dates OR bands, film
    cities, places, books and music they are passionate about.

• very eager. when i get to know a new guy i usually just don't talk to them irl and stalk them on social media. (look at their photos on instagram, go through their feed on facebook, etc)

Gosh, many "stalkers" answered this question... so happy I don"t have facebook haha...

• Man I wanna stalk them as much as I can legally

• Very eager. I always check them out to see what type of person they are and learn more. You can find out a lot about people by their social media.

Haha I'm starting to realize how much girls may know about me :o
      So happy I don't have facebook :D

• I'll just become curious about it.

Haha and how long could you remain patient? :D

For a couple of days

Better not lol could be accused of stalking for commenting on something you seen ONE time in somebodies page. Turn down the sensitivity dial

• relatively eager. i might wait until the next day.

So late Coco? Gosh what if you'd discover his name features in a message starting with "WANTED" and ending with an amount with many zero's :-(

Oh my goodness Coco... imagine he bought you a ring... would you want to be in a position where your present could be part of the booty of a hold up? 8)

oh my 💋

• My friend does it for me. I don't like a guy enough to do that.

• Because I don't like doing that

Me neither actually... no facebook in the house...

• Very eager

• VERY EAGER lol

Haha so within 24 hours you know his sizes and characteristics :D
      And than judge those strengths and weaknesses... phase 2!

• Don't care. I barely use social media

• Very.

I see... about the day before you learn to know him?

Yeah cause you want to get to know him better, but you wouldn't tell him, that's just creepy

• I see nothing wrong with looking at someone's social media and don't see how that's " stalking " at all. Stalking is doing things like coming to their house, following them around, taking pictures of them without their permission , etc. People choose what they post online and make it public online for a reason. Therefore there is no problem to look through what they choose to post. We all get nosey and curious. Just make sure you're not liking & commenting on all their stuff 😂 But after all, you can find out a lot about someone's character by their social media

Sure, if they post something and make it public than it's public... some people don't realize this :o

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 17

• Not very eager, but I check it because social media normally has something to say about the people who owns them.

• Kinda sad to see the results. People seem to not trust.

• I voted A but I don't do it with enthusiasm. I just scroll through everything they have.

• Yeah, if I'm talking to new female friend online i do research her email
    cause I don't want be Catfish or chances are she is not legit I found lot
    of Catfish if you go to www.pipl.com that gives you chance to find out
    who someone is

• i dont have socials that can be checked out, just instagram but there's nothing there. i use it for chatting.

You come close to my habits... no need to have social network sites :o

yeah i agree. because of internet stalking i dont think the disadvantages weigh up to the advantages.

• It's no something I do or would do until things began to get a little more serious. Unless she asked/suggested I do.

• I tend to check. If they don't have any or they have a few that they post next to nothing or something like once a year then they're probably OK... If they're a selfie master super narcissist attention whore then move on.

Hahaha when reading this I got tempted to change the wording a little: "If they're a selfie MONSTER..." doesn't that sound more to-the-point? :D

Yes, monster is probably more accurate.

• I go and check out what kind of person they are, then that's about it.

Creepy

Oh no, that's "live and let die"... comes close to what you said!

Lol no I don't drink martini's lol.

• I'm not.

• Don't use social media, so don't care about their pages.

• I think anyone who have twitter is a cheater

• I have to make sure the person is not a catfish or misleading me with false info/pics.

Agree, discovering that after some time can be really painful :o

I was referring to people who hide what they really look like.

That's why I'm showing a monkey pic, that's what I really look like haha!

• Never, I don't check social media.

• never

• I have a life so I'm not gonna stalk them

• only when it gets near dating

• Only if she suggests or asks me to