Girls, how much should the guy pay for you on the first date?

Interested in your opinions

• >$10
    13% (7)
  • $10-$15
    9% (5)
  • $15-$20
    20% (11)
  • $20<
    16% (9)
  • I'll pay my own meal
    42% (23)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

32

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 31

• It depends on the guy. If he insists on paying for me, I'll let him, because I don't want him to feel like any less of a man; men like taking the lead, so I just follow. However, if he's a student, or he doesn't have a well paying job, & if he doesn't offer to pay, then I will gladly pay for myself. I'm not a stingy person, I was raised to give & to share.

I have declined men insisting to pay a lot of times, because I feel bad, but I've realised that by doing that, & allowing men to pay for you, or help you, & showing appreciation, actually increases their testosterone levels; it makes them feel good & manly. So, if a man offers now, I accept.

We don't work with Dollars, we work with the Rand, but typically, I'll just pay my half, whichever value it amounts to. 😊👍

• Nothing?
    I have an income of my own, no different than him. I usually prefer to pay for myself.

• I think it should be girl pays half and guy pays half. Or pay for your own meal.

• On my first date with my, now, fianc√©, he pulled out his wallet, and I said that I would be paying my half. He said, "nonsense, not on the first date, maybe later on, I'm the one that invited you to dinner". And so I said, "Alright, would you like to go to a movie after?" And he said, "Alright". And I said. " Great, since I asked, I will pay."

He later said to me that it was "refreshing" that i at least offered to pay for myself. And, that he's never been for the movies and not had to pay before.

And for the girls out there, if you're nervous about a first date and about paying your part. Bring money, and when its time for the check, offer to pay for yourself. The answer you get also shows the type of person the guy is.
    Also, depends on it you have an income, or not.

Nice story. Most guys would be happy to hear the girl offer to pay. It shows she cares more than his wallet.

• i'll pay my own way~ that way, i don't owe him sex (as some men seem to think we do) and i have an easy out if things don't go well.

• I couldn't care less... I'd feel uncomfortable if that's too much though, but otherwise he can not pay at all and I'm cool with it.

• I'd pay for my own meal if it's the first date. Seems a bit unfair just expecting him to pay

• I can pay my own meal, but, if he wants to, nothing expensive, please. I'd feel too bad.

• I would be more comfortable if he didn't pay for my meal.

• There's no set price. Could even be free. All that's important is you choose a date that works for getting to know each other,

• honestly, just pay. it's the first date.

• Damn, didn't see the pay my own meal one, if I could I would switch my vote to that. I had pressed >10 since I thought that was the least amount. Then after voting I scrolled down and saw that. :D

I will always try to pay for my own way.

• I'm a grown ass woman. I can pay for my own 😊

• Less than 10 is good enough for me. I ain't fancy.

• 50/50 or everyone should just pay for there own meal,

• Doesn't really matter, but I do prefer to keep first and second dates below $50.

• nothing. i dont do first dates that cost anything. and if i did id pay my way.

• Nothing.

I dont eat in public or int front of people
    I dont drink alcohol
    I usually get free entry into venues and events.

• It's up to him. There's no quantifiable answer here!

• How I see it is if you ask me out you should pay. Id offer to pay my half though. But like when i ask a friend out I pay at this moment we are in the friend zone.

It's nice to offer to pay. I think most guys would like to hear the woman is willing to help, even if they decide to pay the whole bill themself.

• however much my 3 margaritas and shot of vodka cost cuz I don't eat

• That depends on the date.
    If we are grabbing sushi, it would be less than $10 maybe or around $10

• Museums are free, just saying.

• doesn't matter but it's always over ¬•2000

Oh ok. Hey listen I know this is a random question, but how's Japan like? I was thinking about visiting one day.

Have you lived there your whole life? Your English is pretty good. I'm not sure if many Japanese people can speak English.

i lived in california for the first half of my life

• a million dollar

• There's no reason for him to pay over $15, and that seems a little high for a first date. If he's willing to pay for you, don't take advantage of it.

• As much as he can afford cuz I'm broke boi

• 20 are you serious? This is so cheap if you doln't want to spend money then date at all.
    I except nothing but honestly 20 I'm not some cheap whore. Pay my own meal? This is really an American stuff... In my country this mean you didn't like the person and don't want to see her anymore.

There's no reason a guy should be spending a bunch of money on someone he barely knows. Maybe deep into a relationship yeah, but not a first date.

Usually when I go out to eat with my parents the waiter will just leave the bill on the table and someone will grab it. Yeah the std rate is getting out of control. 25% of population has some type of std and the number just keeps going up. It's gonna be worse in the future.

In France they will always give the bills to the man. Like when they ask what people will eat they ask the man and the man command for all the people on the table.
      Wow that's huge in my country we only have 6200 person with std and it's mostly foreigner who had it and come in France already sick.

• any - even if its coffee
    but the guy should pay to show interest.
    otherwise its more like just friends going out and spliting a chekc...

• I'll pay for my own because it's less pressure for me to feel like I owe him something if the date isn't going well or I don't want a second. Personally I don't like anyone paying my way date or not. I came from a poorer family where you learn the value and work for it. It's just been like that and I get uncomfortable when people pay for me.

• More from Girls
    1