I like this guy - any advice on figuring out if he likes me?

This is likely one of the most asked questions on here, but I can't stop thinking about it. I've only known him since the beginning of school, so a couple weeks. I have one class with him, but it's double-blocked so I see him everyday. We often get to sit where we want, and he always sits next to me. I don't know if this is much of a sign, but thought I'd mention it. He also gives me his headphones a lot to listen to his music. We have basically the same music taste; really anything but country. I enjoy his company a lot, and we talk pretty frequently in class. Any other signs I should look for? Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• Anything but country- I like your taste in music. I can't take country seriously, I just laugh at it if it comes on.

At the very least he's interested in you. I don't know, maybe you could try playing a song about a guy liking a girl. If he gets uncomfortable, that could be a good indicator. maybe it would even push him to ask you.

From my experience, guys your age don't usually want to be friends. So if he's spending a lot of time with you that's a good sign. On the other hand, guys are sometimes friends with girls. So I don't know.

Does he ever flirt with you?

I'm honestly not the best at knowing when people are flirting with me, but he teases me sometimes.

Yeah, that sounds like flirting.

The music suggestion is a little far fetched. Maybe just try flirting back a little. Play footsie. Tease him back. If he likes you, he'll escalate it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just ask him "yo do you want to go out on like a pizza date some time?"Then you'll know.

You should really be focusing on school rn though.

What Guys Said 2

• Verbally offer him your cell or home number. If he says ya and takes it then there is a very good chance that he is into you ;)

• Don't look for signs, find a way to ask him, best way to get close to someone is have a conversation and notice his need for personal space. When I was at the dating scene I found the best way of finding out if someone liked me was to just get closer while talking, touch hands, hug, get physical, and if you feel brave enough and he doesn't mind touching hands then ask or even lean in for a kiss.

Some people seem to have a problem with people being too up front, while others prefer it that way, so it's a gamble, but it already is considering you like him.

What Girls Said 0