If you were about to go on a date with someone you met online is it fair to ask your date to send you a pic holding up a sign saying their name?

So as to prove they are not a catfish and are real?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• I'd ask for a live vid cause some people have amazing Photoshop skills these day's. At least ask for them to do something ridiculous that's way they can't fool you with the pic. Take precautions you know.

• Yeah I mean only a catfish would be reluctant to do that ;D

• Its a little off putting. Why not just video chat or snap chat?

i'd ask that but she's the shy kind

• I think it's fair for both to do that.

• Very much so.

• Absolutely, what's there to loose in asking going anyway, a catfish? Lol

• Seems like a gold idea, so does setting up like a Skype conversation.

• you can do it an a way without making it obvious -- ie: ask them for snapchat or Skype them

• Course. You need to know your actually looking for the right person

What Guys Said 4

• Catfishing is about 2% of online activity... I don't think you have to worry about that unless you failed to make a valid connection to begin with. Always go for a 2 minute coffee meet up... there are no such things as first online dates... they don't exist. .. you must meet up for a few first before you ever schedule a date. Just my opinion.

What is a good amount of time you recommend for a coffee date? Like obviously, 2 minutes is like nothing. Maybe 10?

@Dipsy 20 minutes is long enough to find out if there is some chemistry. Always have something planed so you can scoot out of there if needed. If it goes well then plan an actual date.

Ok thanks :)

• Or just video call sherlock.

• Nothing wrong with that

• I don' feel it's unfair. I require several pictures, some current & sometimes if I feel it necessary I'll Skype or FB video chat first.