Would you date a girl with a physics PhD?

would you be intimidated? would you date her to see if you could outsmart her? Would it be a turn-off?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• If she's hot, knows how to have fun and has great conversation with me I really don't care what she majored in.

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't mean she's smart , just means she has more knowledge and great work ethic!

No, you have to be somewhat capable of solving complex problems. Work ethics will only get you so far. You still need to understand what is going on

Dont confuse, go to school

@abc3643 wow! How narrow-minded are you?

Where is that coming from?

What Guys Said 28

• Idgaf... Unless that's a new std.

• There is nothing at all intimidating about a successful women, not sure why women think that. If men dont bite, its not because of your phd, its something else.

If you constantly dangle the im above you card because of your phd then thats just not being humble

• Why wouldn't I? Two things that excite me are a woman's appearance and her intelligence. I'm drawn to women who can challenge me intellectually. I may not understand a word you are saying though - I'm a Finance and Stocks guy; so I'll just watch Big Bang Theory when you aren't around to try to play catch up

• I plan on getting a doctrine myself and one is likely to get married to another person who is fairly similar so it makes sense. But in general I don't like it when people are smarter than me, it's a bad trait tied to my egotism and a partner smarter than me would be challenging but would help me improve myself.

• I would totally date her. PhD in Physics? That's hard as fuck, it takes a lot of commitment. I admire that a lot.

• I'd MARRY a girl with a physics PhD. My buddy did.

• Absolutely! I love smart girls!

• Absolutely.

• Out of ALL the criteria that could disqualify a woman as a partner... this isn't one.

• Yep.

I am half-way through my joint MSc in Applied Mathematics and Chemistry.

If only I could find girls like you in my area :)

• I'd date her if she wouldn't have a problem dating a guy who is getting a bachelor's degree.

• I love intelligent women.

• A lot of people are smarter than me but it doesn't intimidate me, I know my limits. Besides a woman that's successful is a total turn on.

• Nope. There's no use for that degree, at least not for making money. Now if it were a female petroleum engineer, that would be a different story.

Oh how very little you know... LOL

You need to realize that physics is a useless major.

I Iove children. They are so funny with their cute little world views and know it all atitudes.

Meanwhile, @asker, you have nothing to worry about.

• I'd date her, she's probably making a lot of money, so I'd take as much money off her before the relationship undoubtedly ends. I need a new a Prada suit and a SUHD 4K HDR TV. She'll buy those things for me I am sure.

• yes, i would love to

• Id date her if she was a an awesome person aside from having her phd.

• Sure if she didn't act big headed about it.

• it doesn't matter what school she has. Important is if she wants to have fun and a normal relationship. and another YES if she's smarter than me because I have something to learn from her.

• I would love it!

• Of course not
    She is so turn on
    It's hard to talk about quantum with chicks

• Since I got my own degree, it would be hypocrit xD
    Physics was on my short list to choose which field to take

Yes

would you be intimidated?
    No
    would you date her to see if you could outsmart her?
    yes
    Would it be a turn-off?
    No

• it MIGHT be a sign of intelligence. even if you do possess it i'd try to change your mind. we'd debate all day long, cause i'm completely anti-establishment in the realm of physics. there are much better paradigms than the popular one.

the problem is 1) you gotta ask this question so you already have an inhibition or underlying superiority complex about it. and 2) woul you date a man with just a college degree or even just highschool degree? i guess not.

• yeah

• O wow, absolutely, she would be great company. I like such girls very much. Just note she should not feel superior and better than me just because she is a PhD. I have a question, do you like when guys shave off their whole body hair?

• Of course! Why not? Intelligence is GOOD.

• No intimidation, kudos to her for being a bright smart woman. Having brains is sexy to me.

• Sounds awsome

What Girls Said 2

• (smiling)
    I always like dating people who are academically smarter than me IF I am also attracted them.

• if you're going to date her date her but don't try to prove a point to see who's the smartest at the end of the day you two won't even be together
    and be honest with you you sound like a turnoff to me and everyone else

Are u a PhD holder 😜

Yes this is what you said :would you date her to see if you could outsmart her.
      Your whole mindset to see if you can outsmart her. it will show everything will be a game to see if you can win aka turn off
      See could a really great gal but you want to play a game
      just remember that there are many types of smart book smart Street Smart one to be smart one thing and dumb in a another

@ImaGoodlady I agree. That would be a total turn-off.