What do guys mean when they say 1) no games & 2) no drama?

I've seen these on dating profiles & am curious about what they mean. As a hetero cis female, I am at a loss.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some examples:

They don't want to waste their time on a woman who is playing the field and keeping them on stand-by in case her Plan A, B, C, and D all fall through.

They don't want to be used for free dinners, shopping money, rent money, a place to live, etc. I've also seen plenty of women date a guy so that they can go out without feeling like a loser, but the moment they get attention from someone they're really interested in, they'll ditch him right then and there.

They don't want you to follow the type of crap you find in Cosmo about blowing hot and cold, embarrassing him in front of his friends, coming on to other men to make him jealous, etc.

They don't want children, ex-husbands, or crazy ex-boyfriends coming out of the woodwork after they've spent a nontrivial amount of time and money on you. If there are people in your life that could significantly impact somebody's decision to want to date you, be up front about them. I went on a couple of dates with a woman (met in person, not OLD) who conveniently forget to tell me she was married until she brought me back to her apartment.

They don't want to be getting intimate with you only to find out that you have hang-ups about it.

They don't want manufactured fights. Some people are abusive and need somebody to put down. Some people just don't know how to ask for what they want and start fights to get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) No games: being genuine, honest and not playing games aka (hard to get or two timing.)

2) No drama: no cheating, no lying or being selfish, etc.

What Guys Said 18

• Games are like when women think they are giving signals and expect men to pick up on them, women who want to be chased, women who say one thing but mean something else, women who want a boyfriend for ulterior motives such as financial stability, care giver or even just boredom. Drama is just a lot of social bullshit with other people that bleeds into the relationship, such as ex boyfriends that don't go away, baby daddies, gossipy friends and women who are over emotional about trivial matters. Stuff like that.

• Women that think playing "hard to get" is something any man likes.
    Women that think men want to "chase" you so you act like an ass. not returning calls or texts, things like that
    Women that think men are mind readers and won't just say what the issue is.
    Women that are still hung up on another guy
    Women that freak out if he gets a text from his ex wife even if they have kids
    those kind of things.
    Although it is usually women that have this in their profile. so I was always wondering what that meant. Men, typically, don't play games. We are up front about what we mean and want.

• Guys sometimes like a bit of a chase, but women tend to take it too far.

If you want to go out then say yes, don't play hard to get
    If something is bothering you, then discuss it. Don't just say you're fine and get upset about that later.
    Be upfront, don't think they are supposed to know how you feel
    No reading into things like "why isn't he texting me back"

Both women and men do things that drive the other mad, but women tend to think that men are the only ones when women do MANY things that piss men off.

• No games, be direct, dont try to make a fool out of me. Some women play games, sometimes pretend they'll go to a concert and asks if you're going, just to see your reaction. Some flirt with other men for the same purpose. Some actively ignore you just for the lolz.
    No drama: dont get over emotional if the situation doesn't call it. Stop the bullshit, stop whinning, stop making scenes for next to nothing...

• It means saying what you mean and doing what you say. It means not blaming others for problems of your own making. For example, it means that when you are unhappy, you talk about it directly instead of just being disagreeable and expecting the guy to read your mind.

• first of all-if you see these things, that's typically a red flag of projection indicating THEY play games, THEY create drama... high likelihood of narcissism if you see this shit-more common with female profiles though.

On that note with they mean is just that-buku indecisiveness or intentional head games turn any decent guy off. Drama means you should have your people shit together (ie not being sued by exhusband for custody rights, etc.),

In short it means we don't like psychotic or narcissistic women... but again, it's more common that those types OF people would post this upfront as it's more likely projection when presented on the sleeve instead of a REAL boundary a man (or woman) has.

• No games is like no ignoring him on purpose and playing texting games and I do tic shit like that or trying to make him jealous.
    No drama like have crazy ex or any ex you still talk to.

• No drama roughly translates to no emotions involved. No games means he's gonna tell you there's no emotions involved.

• Zero telorance for playing games like hot and cold and dramatic behavior.

• 1. They just want you to tell them straight up what you think instead of dropping hints that they won't pick up on.
    2. They don't want exes coming around starting stuff or causing problems/arguments.

• What I don't understand, is how you don't understand.

#3, if you don't understand 1 and 2, need not apply!!!

I guess I'm having trouble picturing what games &/or drama would even look like.

• ''As a hetero cis female''
    You are either male or female end of. P. s I sexually identify as an attack helicopter. Oh and I'm the gender h20 fluid.

• no bs that women do like over reacting
    no drama : no making up fights over spilled milk

• I guess 1) means no "I was testing you" or something. But drama?

• It means they are saps for games and drama. Seriously!

Just my opinion

• no girls giving false hopes, cheating, playing hard to get or playing similar games; so be honest

If they reject you or similar, they expect you to behave like and adult and don't cry/shout at him/freak out or girls that do that or bitching around regularly

• no mindfuck and manipulations. when i detect that i leave the woman imediately. needless to say no relationsghip lasted long cause most women do these consciously or not... .

• Some of them are likely playing games. For them no drama means 'don't tell me about your feelings'. But if they're looking to date, no games no drama means being openly honest and calm and communicating well about your wants and needs and where you see things.

Which is a good idea. My guess is a lot of them aren't capable of it, but it's what everyone should aim for.

What Girls Said 4

• It's basically what it says on the tin. 1) No mind games and toying with how they feel. They prefer their women to be honest and open. 2) No unnecessary drama, they want someone chilled out and relaxed

So, essentially, be a decent human being & don't be too anxious.

Yes exactly! :D Unfortunately there are lots of girls (and guys) out in the world who seem to thrive on mind games and drama.. Best keep away from them eugh

• My boyfriend had, "No gold diggers" on his profile.

I met him in person but he showed me that he had an account on a dating website.

How is this relevant?

What men usually state they don't want reflects what they are scared of and have previously had issues with.
    So it might sound funny or a little weird but is actually really straightforward.

He is used to girls that play games and cause a lot of drama so wants a relationship where both are on the same page.

• Don't say you like them when you don't, don't lead them on and don't be dating them while dating your boyfriend

• It means the want to draw attention 😒😒