Would you invite a friend of the opposite sex to be your plus one at a wedding if you weren't attracted to them?

Guy friend asked me to go to a wedding with him said that he wanted me to go but if I can't it's ok. I'm going to be hanging out with his family at times and I have meet them but not to a point where I would feel 100% comfortable with them.

• Yea why not? I don't want to go alone!
  • Yea but I would have to be desperate
  • No I would have to find them somewhat attractive to be comfortable around them for the day
  • No I would strictly only ask a person I had interest in

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people believe it's a very romantic thing to do, but for those who don't see it that way, it can be completely platonic. A female friend did just that because we're both single, and there's no way she could be attracted to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• A few years ago, I invited my best guy friend to a wedding because I barely knew the bride (I was invited because I'm friends with the maid of honor) and I just wanted someone to keep me company since I wouldn't know many people there.

I do find him attractive I guess, but there's zero romantic interest there (he's my close friend's husband). I just wanted him as my date because he's fun and a gentleman and I'm comfortable around him. And yeah, he makes for good arm candy lol.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1