How long do high school relationships last in college?

How long do you think a 2 year high school relationship would last in college? Both people in the relationship go to different colleges but the colleges are only 10 minutes away from each other

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm no relationship expert, but my guess would be that people that age just dont yet know what they want out of life, so sometimes the relationships kinda just fade away.

It's different when you're 30, and you been out with dozens of hot women, and then suddenly you meet a woman and she's different. She's not better or more attractive than the other's per se, but she's perfect for you, and she's in love with you, and she'd move across the country to be with you.

High schoolers just haven't had that experience. You can have a relationship with two amazing people, but then as they go to college and eventually live on their own, they learn what it means to be an adult and sometimes realize they aren't amazing for each other. You just can't predict what you really want until you know, so it's just hit or miss on whether or not high school relationships will workout.

Most Helpful Girl

• Who knows! How long is a piece of string?

All kinds of different factors could play apart in this relaationship... new friends base, normal & extra curricular activities, regular contact ie texts, calls, visiting etc., maintaining the level of trust.

10 minutes isn't really long distance is it. So it should be hard to maintain a healthy relationship with each other. The only difference is you won't see each other for the length of the college day however many hours that might be but you'd still make an effort to each other after right in your downtime. If you can maintain a high level of trust and honesty then why wouldn't the relationship last.

What Guys Said 15

• There is a saying in college dorms in America called "The Turkey Drop".

As in, by the time college freshman return to school after Thanksgiving break, they will break up with their high school boyfriend if they go to different colleges.

The overall freedom of college straight out of high school, combined with having 25 guys and 25 girls on one floor of a building, is too tempting and exciting. ;-)

• Most high school relationships end within the first semester. Very, very few last any longer than that. I've seen hundreds end like that. What usually happens is the girl will meet an upper classmen who is more polished, sophisticated and worldly and he sweeps her off her fee, Then her high school boyfriend is no longer appealing. Invariably she drops him, he's depressed and sulks around
    until he meets someone else.

• There's no real answer I've seen them work and ice seen them not

• Between 0 and 4 years, typically. Sometimes 5

• It could work but the odds are heavily stacked against you. I'm no betting man but I'll go all in you don't last through the 1ST semester.

I don't mean that in a bad way. I've went to h. s with people dating thst went to the same college and it didn't work. Things change after high school ends, watch American pie 1 + 2 about those two thing. They both talk about dating while at different college and life changing from h. s to college. Easier than a GAG opinion.

• If the college is only 10 min away the uber the shit out of that relationship.

• Not at all

• Until the first time Chad give the girl a wink. The girl always dumps the guy soon after starting at a different school.

• College is what ruined my 3 year relationship </3 as soon as we split, It was so hard keeping the attraction and love alive, I tried and lost in the end
    They usually dont last very long
    You are much closer! so you have a chance!

• Once a girl goes to college she will without a doubt have sex with multiple guys and end any relationship she has.

a guy in college May want to have sex with someone else but for most guys it won't happen. But I guy won't necessarily end a relationship because he had sex elsewhere because we can have sex without it being emotionally connected it's just an activity

• Depends; some people get together in highschool and stay together until they're, like, 50.

• in my nephiews experience, it lasted a month.

• not very many

• As long as you want it to

• It could last

What Girls Said 8

• It really depends on the people, whether or not they're both loyal and want to genuinely make it work. A lot of the time the communication is less and there are more distractions and then both or one of the parties just lose interest. Both people can change together or drift apart it really depends there is a chance.

• I know 2 people from my highschool who started dating in HS (they were 15) and they got engaged last year.
    Now they're 22 and about to get married and even started building their house.
    He works in Algeria and she studies in the US now.
    It entirely depends on the couple.

• Very few last.
    But the fact you two are only 10 minutes away isn't horrible at all and can deff work.

• Depends on your bond, commitment to each other, compatibility, etc. College really isn't the deciding variable here. If it were a long distance relationship it would be different.

• It all depends on the people.

• That rally depends on you I Know some one who live near me and is dating some one all the way on the other side of the world. If you can handle being 10min a way from echother you mite be just fine and that in Claude's all rolls that you guys make to gether just so you can be to gether some pepole can't handle be 10min away and other can so it's what ever your best with.

• It depends alll on you guys. A good relationship can stand a lot, a weak one can't withstand much.

• Mine lasted 2 years in high school, and a year and a half in college.