This girl [17F] and I [17M] both really like each other, but we're afraid of rushing into things and messing up our friendship. What do I do?

So this girl and I have been talking for about a six weeks, and things have been going great - we have a lot of things in common, we've really hit it off, and we've both expressed interest through mutual friends. But here's the thing - we haven't really talked about what we want out of the potential relationship. We're both goal-driven people, so neither of us are really looking for anything super serious that could prevent us from accomplishing said goals. We just hung out yesterday, and I couldn't be happier with how things went. However, I couldn't help but feel upset knowing that we both want something together, but our determination to complete our goals is keeping us from letting ourselves see where things go. Hearing what she's said about how she views "us" is nice, knowing that she shares the same feelings and wouldn't be opposed to having a relationship later on, but it almost hurts at the same time. I don't know how she feels about this, but part of me feels as if I really, really want to at least give things a shot now, because we're only doing ourselves an injustice by not allowing ourselves to express our feelings and seeing where things could go. I mean, we've met each other parents, and they seemed like they supported it. Also, a lot of our friends thought we were already together, and they seemed like they really liked the idea of us together; they said we'd be great together. We both already really like each other, so what do we have to lose?

tl;dr: We're both very interested in each other, but we haven't had the guts to say anything about it to each other - only to our mutual friends. We've both expressed interest in a relationship, but there's something holding us back.

What Girls Said 2

• I've ruined so many friendships that way but let me tell you this... Go for it. I think it's worth it. Maybe you are meant to be together and if you are and you don't get together you'll never know.

• Didn't you realize that you guys could make a perfect couple? What are y'all waiting for? Come on!!

We have have a lot in common and have pretty strong mutual interest, so I really do think we'd be good together. Being the guy, I feel like I should be the one that steps up to say something about it. I'll feel things out more, but I don't want to let things go by without even trying anything. Thanks for the advice.

Go and tell her how you feel 😊 Don't forget to tell me how it went

What Guys Said 0