My parents don’t approve of the guy I’m dating, what do I do?

So I’ve been dating this guy for nearly 6 months, and I have strong feelings for him. I’m a grown adult, had relationships before (both short and long term) so I know what I like in a guy, and how to look for any red flags. I’ve mentioned good points to my parents about this guy, but I brought up some behaviour which I found a bit uncomfortable: he sometimes speeds in his car, he absolutely loses his shit at bad drivers, and I privately don't agree with some of his political views. He’s a hothead, but that’s only 1% of the time I’m with him and he calms down quickly. This guy treats me right, he’s affectionate and we get on so well and trust me, if he ever DID direct his anger at me further down the line, he won’t know what he’s in for. I can stand my ground.

I understand their concern, but I feel I’ve painted a bad picture of him. They’ve met him twice (briefly) and he’s been very respectful to them (they were polite and friendly to him), but they’re still not convinced. I feel very strongly about this guy, and I can potentially see a future with him. He doesn’t know what my parents think of him. How do I handle this?

What Guys Said 2

• This is why I wouldn't tell anything to my parents beyond her "name, rank and, serial number" (aka, the basics) My parents are VERY judgmental.

• In the end, it's not really up to them.

What Girls Said 1

• I think sometimes we tell our parents something harmless really and then we regret it, so just tell them that you know what you're doing and it would mean a lot to you if they could look at him with an open mind and it will come with time.