Are you scared of commitment?

Explain...

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Some commitments yes others no.
    If its marriage then Im scared of falling out so badly we feel we have to divorce and losing a lot of money as a result.
    Or if I don't feel your that incredible and i feel I feel I could ever find someone quite a chunk better or your showing signs of being manipulative or even violent towards me.
    Regarding kids I'm afraid of a commitment that I've already decided I don't want to take on its to much money and to much time and could put me in a bad situation financially which I really don't want! Maybe if I had a lot more money and time or there was a strong and unlikely financial incentive like I had to have and raise a kid with my partner to inherit 1/2 a million dollars.
    Other wise i'm sure its not something I want because of the immense cost and time so yes im scared of getting my future partner pregnant. Also if i did want to have a kid I think id want them genetically screened first to avoid any potential health conditions rather than them having to deal with them later.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is scary but it's worth it.
    I wouldn't commit to just anyone. Someone who knows how to argue the right way and stay together no matter what.
    They can recreate the love over and over again to keep the romance beautiful without excessive neediness.

We don't fall in love with a person, we fall in love with our imagination.
    The rest is friendship and loyalty.

not enough people understand love and relationships enough. They expect too much from the other person.

What Guys Said 14

• I know ready for commitment cause I have self control and self awareness to be shaken by my or partners insecurity or problems.

• No, actually looking forward to it. I feel like right now I'm just wandering aimlessly with basically purpose in life. Loving and commiting to someone would fill that purpose for me, would give me a reason to live. That's why I only want to be in a connitted relationship, no casuals for me 😊

• I'm not scared of commitment per se. I'm scared of committing to the wrong person and that if I do commit, that somewhere along the line someone better for me will come along and I won't know what to do. I don't like hurting people and I don't believe in casual dating until a hotter piece of ass comes along. I can't commit because I always ask myself is this the best I can do, and I never have an answer to that question.

• Nope, I look forward to it.

• no, more like the opposite

• No, think ted mosby.. Thats me

• The Commitments? I love that film.

• yes i am, i have many trust issues

• yes more than the irs

• No. But women are scared of my face, so I do not experience commitment.

• This is not a movie

• yes i am

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• Nope, I'm cool with commitment :)

• I used to think I was scared of it but I think I'm just scared of vulnerability

• no but scared to commit to the wrong person

• No not really.

• to be honest, yes. we can't have sex before marriage, so, being married to someone is literally giving the whole your life to him, and of course it scared me too. that's why i'm achieving whatever goal i want in life before ready for the commitment

• Nope.

• No, never have, and hopefully never will be.

• Nah commitment is scared of me

• I don't think so

• Oh yes I am scared of the commitment because I have major trust issues and few insecurities.

• No , because I'm only interested in a fully committed relationship. The thing that I fear is... meeting a guy who isn't fully committed to me