Are there any girls here who DONT take texting seriously?

As in you're not the crazy texter who adds lots of emojis or lack of a better word "have fun with texting". Does it ever change if you are texting a guy you might be interested in?

Most Helpful Girl

• Texting with friends is okay, I can text them essays, but when it comes to someone I'm interested in, I keep it short, sweet, & playful. Why? Because I intend to not be friends with that guy. You need to constantly work & build attraction with a love-interest, not with friends.

Friends are friends for a reason.

Emoticons are something I use, because they express my emotions, but I don't like it. I don't text often, only when I feel like it.

I prefer phone calls with a significant other. I just feel like you build more attraction & connection that way. 👍 :-]

What Girls Said 9

• I hate the concept of texting. In fact, I usually don't ever text guys I'm interested in because I don't want to interact with them over a screen in a phone. I want to call them or talk to them face to face. I usually just text friends and not even that often. I prefer calling them as well. However, I one of those testers where I always add emojis to my texts whether it be a simple smiley or laughing face. I was told that this is interpreted as being flirty... I had no idea because that's just how I like to text people. I hate how texting is hard in terms of conveying accurate emotions so I'll add a smiley face here or there to show that I'm not annoyed or enjoying the conversation and not sounding like I'm annoyed, cold, or distant. I also use exclamation marks too. So yes, I'm a girl who doesn't adhere to the texting social norm so I guess you can say I don't take it seriously and I hope I haven't led anyone on lol.

• I can't stand texting. I only put up with it becuase the majority of people prefer to communicate that way.

I suppose it doesn't change abit once you hit the 25 -30 yr old mark. I was asking because I am talking to a girl like this right now. She's never really used a lot of emojis, just mainly text

• I love to use emojis all the time, even if it's serious 😅 it's just a form of expression since faces can't be seen through text.

I use a lot of emojis in gag as well ☺️💁🏽💩

• Lol I'm sorry I'm a disappointment😂😂😂😂

• I don't take it too seriously, but I do hate boring texts. Like if I text you something interesting and they just reply with "lol". I just mostly text people to tell them about my day or to make plans to hang out. When I text a guy I like, I definitely respond quicker and am more apt to reply with enthusiasm.

• I use emojis when it suits me. It depends on who, if I'm being playful then I use em. If the guy is serious with no nonsense, I avoid them.

• I don't text that much

• yes there are some just want to talk face to face

• No i do

What Guys Said 0