Why do I keep on developing crushes on literally any guy?

I'm 16 years old and I still haven't had a boyfriend. On the surface, I'm absolutely okay with that; I'm happy being single and enjoying myself. However, for some reason, whenever I find a guy remotely cute, I already start imagining a future with him. He's funny: he reACHES THE STANDARDS. He has a nice smile: hE PASSES. I need help. Why can't I be completely okay with being single and not try to fall for every guy I meet to finally get a boyfriend? Help...

Most Helpful Guy

• The answer to this question is really quite simple. You're young. When you're young to do foolish things, such as crushing on every cute boy or guy who even remotely meets your standards. There is nothing necessarily wrong with what you're doing, so long as you remember that you're young, you're immature, and eventually you'll grow out of this and settle into what you truly want and desire, and your table of standards will improve. Just in the mean time keep yourself safe and don't make rushed choices about who to be with, especially when it comes to sex and developing your own sense of sexuality; of what you like and don't like. Give yourself time to grow up and mature physically, mentally, and emotionally. It is a marathon not a sprint; it's not even a race to begin with. Again, try to relax, take a deep breath, and remember you're only 16-years old. You have plenty of time to find that special someone to give yourself to who will completely understand the beautiful person and young woman that you are. That's my bottom line.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a normal thing to happen during adolescence. There is nothing wrong with that and it is completely healthy.

What Guys Said 4

• Because your going through puberty. Everything is off because your still growing. What your doing is normal except that your doing it so much. That is caused by your hormones being so out of wack. It will settle down soon enough. Just relax and kind of enjoy the adventure.

• Oh man, where were girls like you when I was 16?

• bc u crave love and attention
    why no boyfriend yet is there an issue
    no guys appraoch u

• Because you are a young Katy who is developing and thus you crush on boys.

What Girls Said 0