How do I show a guy I am interested without seeming desperate or needy?

There is this guy I like that I met online about a month and 1/2 ago. We have only met in person once which was about 2-3 weeks ago and it went great. It seemed like he liked me and he even kissed me. Since then though, we have hardly talked at all because I don't always want to be the one to contact him first and I did the last 2 times.
Before we met, he told me he wants to go on some type of adventure date with me, but when we did meet it ended up just being at my apartment because he only had like 30 minutes. And then after we met, he mentioned how when we see each other again, we should do something fun. So he says he wants to see me again but he hasn't asked me to, so I'm not sure what that means. Also, he is very busy with school and work and soccer at the moment, so that makes it hard to schedule a date and time and stuff.
Should I ask him or wait for him to ask me? Should I maybe say something like "Hey I would love to take you up on doing something fun together soon! How about sometime this week?" I would really appreciate some opinions/advice! Thank you in advance! (And sorry for the long question.)

What Guys Said 1

• dont worry about seeming desperate or needy, just do what you feel and be forward about things because thats what he wants, not everything is the guys job ya know. otherwise you won't seem interested to him if you pull that distant crap girls do.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, I think you should ask him. He has already shown his interest towards you anyway.