Guys, when is a girl TOO clingy?

Most Helpful Guy

• When it prevents me from being me, when it interferes with my relationship with others (friends family etc) when it prevents me from having any alone time (which I personally need a lot of being an introvert) and if she is prone to jealousy or expects me to answer multiple texts or phone calls I have family, I have friends, I have a job I have a life beyond her (as she should) so if she begins to expect me to drop everything the moment she texts or calls then that would be an issue. other then that affection is good, so if she is really affectionate but also allows me my personal space when I need it then that's perfect, at least to me, because while we may be in a relationship we are still separate people with our separate interests and that should be respected.

Is it asking too much of him to just let me know when he wants to cancel plans because he needs space? I feel like this is when I got "clingy" because he never gave me an exact answer. He would just say "maybe" or "we'll see."

Well honestly, I don't think think he had anything else going on. I'm pretty sure he was just at home sitting on his couch, watching TV. But I had to ask if we still had plans, and he didn't give me a definite answer. And he has done this to me before, then blew me off for weeks.. So when it became clear we weren't meeting, I asked further about everything being alright with us, but he got mad and dumped me. I don't mind giving him space, I just want him to tell me these kinds of things. Also while I know I shouldn't make excuses for him, and it could be he just doesn't like me that much, a part of me feels like he has commitment issues. Because just days before, he was all over me and telling me he wants me.

Well from the sounds of it it isn't commitment issues. Words are meaningless actions are not. From the sounds of it he wanted sex and the relationship was not so much desired, obviously I cannot say for certain but the fact is a lot of women claim commitment issues and that is rarely if ever the case. If he has done this multiple times then clearly he wasn't all that interested in maintaining this relationship so really good riddance he wasn't worth the effort it sounds like. Nothing you stated sounded to clingy, unless its something you did prior to this incident I would say you where not being clingy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was accused of being clingy just because I wanted him to show he cared more. I'm not a needy or clingy person, but I expect reliability, and expect to be able to talk about how I feel or things on my mind

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm also not a needy or clingy person in general, and now this guy has me feeling like I'm crazy.

I know the feeling. 😞

What Guys Said 18

• i got 42 PMs on facebook overnight from a girl I barely knew... I showed her my cock, I assume that had something to do with it.

I sure as fuck wasn't gonna clear my morning to read all those messages... then she saw I was online, hadn't read them, and in about 30 minutes unfriended me, then blocked me an hour later... then unblocked me, then sent a friend request.

i blocked her. one of countless examples, but I found that one humorous and never did read those 42 messages.

uberclingy lol

• When they bitch at you for not texting / calling and cry at night if you didn't talk to them that day from a distance

What if she doesn't "bit**" about it, just asks?

STOP THE INSECURITY TRAIN IT'S ANNOYING

• When she gets jealous that you had lunch with your elderly aunt.

• When she is insecure. If she is your girl friend you should find out why. If the reason is beyond your control, and you really don't like it, then dump her because it will never change. However, if her insecurity is because you do not pay her the right attention then it's up to you to put it right.

That's the thing. I'm not sure if I was insecure because of my own issues (which I never was before, and honestly can't think of why I would be insecure, because before him my ex gave me all the attention in the world), or if it was because he didn't pay me the right attention.

• When they don't give you any space, gets jealous when you have other plans that don't involve her, blowing up your phone constantly, can't be without you for a day/a few days. Those are just a few.

What do you consider to be "blowing up your phone constantly?"

Literally texting you all day, asking to hang out every day, sending nudes for attention.

• its when she's a perfect match for me and is truly in love and actually wants me.

Not sure I understand...

your worried about being clingy when thats what i want in a girl because it means she really wants me, so the more clingy she is the better.
      so there's no such thing as being too clingy in my opinion

Well said

• When she gets upset that you talk to women outside your relationship, even though it's completely platonic

• Eh I don't generally mind too much.

• when i found 100000 message on fb twitter email..

Without exaggeration, what is the real number of messages that you find to be "excessive?"

Is it really a good or fair reason to dump a girl if she sends you a text at the wrong time, when she has no idea that it is the wrong time?

no i cauld just reply later

but thing build up like constant fighting / argiung / controlloing girlfriend...
      or just the lost of interest

• They are the most annoying things ever.

Describe one.

Never let's you have alone time, complains if you ignore her for any period of time, stalks you, won't let you have a life of your own

• When she
    Texts you 24/7
    Cries when youvdont talk to her for a day
    Stalks your activities on facebook frequently
    Gets angry if you hang out with friends

Would you consider 2-3 unanswered texts in a day to be texting 24/7?

If they're like..
      Hey how are you today?
      Hey anything wrong?
      Hey is there something wrong? You haven't been answering me, where are you?

• It really depends on the guy.

For me, the needing to just "check in." If I trust you, I trust you

What do you mean by "check in?"

That was an extreme that I thankfully haven't been in.

Hopefully you get the point.

I get it.

• when she's just too invasive or jelous

• When you can't pull your pants up above your knees.

• I had that once, she was my living nightmare

• I actually prefer my girl to act a little clingy, enough to reassure me she is still into me but if it gets to wear I can't do anything without her either being there or messaging me the whole time then that's too much

• I've never experienced it with a girl I liked.

• she texted him while he was at work and called him after 1 hour because he hadn't responded yet
    you can't make a clear line. It depends on the person and other factors. But in general when he has no minute for himself or wouldn't be able to be with other people without her

What Girls Said 1

• When she doesn't want the dude to have his own personal and private time.