Ladies, how often do you initiate/plan dates when your'e dating someone?

Say, you've been seeing this person for a few months; you're not dating anyone else, but not yet exclusive. I believe the guy should initiate the first few dates, but thereon its 50/50.

Guys, do you agree?

Most Helpful Guy

• Whoever wants to initiate the first few dates can, it shouldn't be strictly a males job. If a woman wants to then by all means.

Having said that communication, asking for dates should always be 50/50. If I find that I'm the one doing the work, I get a feeling they're not interested and I'm being a pest.

Having said that a girl I started seeing has been acting hot and cold. We've had 3 dates over 5 weeks and she is busy with grad school, work, etc but there'll be times where I'll ask to chill and she's busy but then asks to hang out days later? Thoughts?

Thanks for most helpful guy

Most Helpful Girl

• He asked me out but I initiated most of the date planning because I hate waiting for people to make plans. He was too loose with plans and I liked having a place and time picked, so at most he'd suggest we go out and let me do the planning since it wasn't his strong suit.

What Guys Said 4

• That is a loaded question and is asked of guys all the time.
    How do you know this takes place? Have you witnessed it in your presence?
    I would expect to keep the attention of my date long enough for her to disregard her phone unless she made it clear that she was expecting a call.
    Taking that a step farther, if I noticed it was from a dating service, the date would terminate at that very moment, and I would make it very clear why.

Just my opinion

• "should"
    like some obligation
    if i ask for the first few times it will be me making more effort in this relationship than u
    why not take turns
    oh wait no i m a girl who needs to feel special and wanted but the guy dont have feelings so he doesn't need to feel special wand wanted

• I don't know about anyone else but I do like to initiate

• Failed every one I've ever tried. Fun.

What Girls Said 5

• Once a week seems reasonable to me. Unless of course they are busy or work weekends, I would hope that someone interested in me could make time to see me on a weekend. It doesn't really have to be one person to "initiate" the date. Me and my boyfriend just plan out our dates together

• never. If we're in a relationship sure I'll text first and whatnot. but I don't and have never asked guy on a date. even my boyfriend. I wait for him top say, "when can I see you again baby?"

• I let him plan the first few , then we take turns.

• Yes, I agree. That's what I expect too

• But that's his job, isn't it? What if he got angry with me or stopped liking me? :/